Lid Off 2018 - See It Before It's Too Late

Sure. But after 12 more weeks of that I’m cutting loose.

2 Likes

Get out of this thread

3 Likes

I give us a chance against both if we play our football over four quarters.

If we get spooked and start chipping sideways like we have against Richmond then we will get flogged.

1 Like

Anone could beat them if Richmond let them play over 4 quarters.

There’s a reason why teams can’t do that against Richmond and we were in decent form when we played them and they disposed of us with ease. Doubt much has changed although i do think this year will be good for us long term.

1 Like

They are the benchmark and are a tough side to beat but we haven’t given ourselves a chance at all the last few games.

Of course they start favorites but I’m liking what I’m seeing in our side recently and even though we got flogged by them recently I attended that game and I didn’t think the 70 point margin was a fair reflection of the game.

A win is unlikely but not impossible.

Dons flag for mine

7 Likes

Understated return

1 Like

We’ve finished 9-11th twice in the last 25 years; 1994 and 2012. Three times if you include 2013, but that was hardly a positive finish in any respect, nor a reflection of the year. We either make the finals or we’re nowhere near it.

Classic Essendon looks more like this:

9 Likes

I wish Collingflogs had all their best players available. Would make it all the better when we flog them this weekend.

Eddie to pack back on another 20kgs in cream donuts after a frenzied eating depression.

Dons to ratchet up the pressure and win by a lazy 30.

5 Likes

Sacked neeld too late. Everyone is falling over, no one can challenge Richmond but we are too far behind

Sydney - gone
Collingwood - average
West Coke - cant play in Melbourne
GWS - injuries
Port - down hill skiers
Geelong - too reliant on their 3 mids
Melbourne - had to hand back the premiership they won 3 weeks ago

2 Likes

Get out

That’s Bronze Age Essendon.

We will win every game until Tigers.

Then announce ourselves and clinch a finals berth by just beating them.

Then,as everyone else is bruised n battered,we surge with 3 finals wins to make the GF.

See you all,and the lid,there.

6 Likes

15 in a row in 1981, 21 in 2000, 12 should be easy

11 Likes

We need 14 to win the flag, possibly 15 (well we could lose 1 or possibly 2 along the way, but it just guarantees we need to win 4 finals…it would be easier to just win every game from here). But your point still stands.

1 Like

12 more in a row

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tigers rest a few of thier players the game would be a dead rubber to them

agreed. Hopefully they’ve wrapped up a top 2 spot by then

1 Like

Positive of being balls early in the year
We’re playing determined, focussed footy, and if we do make finals, we’ll do so off a long string of good form.