Lid Off 2021 - The year Ridley wins the Brownlow

Lid off.

• We had a horror season, injuries, botched handover, the McKenna/Stewart Covid stuff…
  • We are trading out 2 blokes who haven’t given us anything the past few years. (Saad is a loss, but we will be well compensated.)
  • We will have a clear coaching direction, and have cleared out any unhappy players.
  • We will almost certainly have 3 first round picks.
  • New leadership

McGrath Brownlow, Ridley B&F, Langford Norm Smith, Brown Coleman if we pick him up.

4 Likes

I have a slightly less pessimistic feeling about next season than any of the last 5, but that’s not saying much. It’s based purely on the changes to the Board.

I remember back to 1993. Nobody thought we would do much that year. But from the very first game the whole attitude of the club was to look forward to the next game thinking, Who have we got this week? Let’s take them on!

Best season ever, by far, for me.

1 Like

Me and the lads got our tickets for sat night !!!

Mark my words 2021 will be the year of the dons.
We have a coach that gets it.
Bought in some gun young players.
Cleared out some damaged goods that played 4 games in 3 years collectively and a half back flanker.
The vibe is back at the club.
Everyone’s written us off and that’s how we like it.
Satdy night were killing hawks all the experts will have us flag favs after round 1.
Fark em all.

10 Likes

Whateley on AFL 360 had the Essendon jumper presentation as his “love” for the week. Thought it was such a great initiative.

Robbo said Essendon have been living in the “present” since the saga. Because there was always some controversy to address.

Said Essendon are now emerging from this. Embracing its history. And starting to get things right again.

3 Likes

we’ve always clung onto past successes, but now it seems like we have an identity, whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Fark Carlton tooo

1 Like

Just catching “on the couch” and Healy said that Essendon exceeded his expectations (more than any just about any other side this pre season )

Their profile was significantly better. Much improved forward half set up. They looked organised and exciting (his words). Also, is this “Bombers Blitz” going to become a thing with the media?

2 Likes

LID OFF

2 Likes

What happened re the jumper presentation for him to love ?

1 Like

Rutten’s effort to reconnect Essendon with its past and the culmination of the jumper presentation.

Making sure the next generation understand what has come before them. Saying that if you can anchor that down with the people there, it’s beautiful and he loves that about footy.

Edit. Caught this on the fox footy promo. Love the quote

3 Likes

Thanks @Wanderlust.

Am so use to always hearing negative stuff about us, it irks me when I hear something positive coz I always think there is going to be something negative coming.

3 Likes

It’s great, love it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Its literally a thing every time Essendon start playing well. which to be fair… hasnt been that often.

2 Likes

Go and listen to The DonsCast with @Bomberman76 .

Robert Shaw talks about the importance of what Rutten has been doing with embracing the history of the club, and that it’s a fantastic foundation to rebuild the culture of the club with so many new players. Especially with Harvey and Sheeds at the club.

Also talks about how we lost the culture of the club, and it was made worse with Worsfold separating himself and the club by the way he talked about ‘Essendon People’.

3 Likes

I would love it if Sheeds did a presentation to the players and the coaches of Everything that happened in 1993… spend the whole day going through every aspect of that year.
Then playing the 1993 grand final.

I think a lot can be learned by this current group of players, about what happened in 1993 and how they were able to do the impossible.

1 Like

There’s a lot of stuff I’m looking forward to with the bombers this year. See the latest gameplan. See our big HYPE debutants and recruits. See Draper take massive hangers. See a group that can work together and build for the future. Might not be a flag for us this year (although it’s more than likely) but I am feeling as lid off as ever. Can’t ■■■■■■■ WAIT for some footyinjections straight into my eyeballs. ■■■■ CARLTON DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG ■■■■■.

6 Likes

I’m fkn ready to stir up the ■■■■■■■■ hawks supporters at my local. LET’S DO THIS.

1 Like

this is the post that did it.

Still stirred them up big time. Copped it pretty hard though at full time. :joy: