Lid Off 2024. Show the lid the door šŸšŖ

The more the media is ripping into our club, the more confident I am of the year ahead. Surround us with negativity and this will reap benefits.

Canā€™t afford to go into round 1 as complacent as last year. Keep the team on edge and let them know that simply showing up is not enough.

2 Likes

News paper clippings of every negative article as our banner will be enough to last till the last week in September.

3 Likes

This is exactly right.

Very year it seems as though we get hyped up. Lots of articles and new recruits and people training the house down. And weā€™ve never done well any of those years.

This year itā€™s the opposite - everything is going badly and everyone is convinced weā€™re going to suck. Which means weā€™re going to win the flag!

My name is Essendon, Iā€™m unemployed and live with my parents

6 Likes

Donā€™t come in here yet people itā€™s just the

Marsh series.

2 Likes

There were some good signs, ball movement and consistency with barely 2 thirds of our best team.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to jump the gun but I think I might be back.

It may also just because my boy Langers is up and about.

Bring on 2020

6 Likes

There is NO LID

It really does get in?

3 Likes

Apologies for the quoting again.
Watching the Marsh Series game against the Cocaine snorting blue and yellow team. Devon Smith epitomises AFL. Love the endeavour and attitude. Devin Smith is the key to Lid Offedness

5 Likes

If we smash Freo it is full LID OFF.

14 Likes

Tigers have Fark Carlton!!!

Iā€™m in - lid off! Conorā€™s back, Devā€™s playing like Dev, Walla is magic, Raz is fit, McGrath is ready & Shiel has gone up a gear. (And then thereā€™s the new Langford !)

3 Likes

Throw in a solid Parish, flexibility with our ruck stocks, Stewart and Daniher progressing well and Stringer ā€œborderline flyingā€ - I think weā€™re in for a good year.

Really interested to see how we go with McKenna potentially in our forward line. How do you defend against Tippa, McKenna and Fantasia? Especially if you have Daniher, McKernan and Stringer to worry about.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget another important ingredient for this successful season.

@carrotsalad

7 Likes

if we flog freo round 1 iā€™m lid off

1 Like

Heā€™s always welcome in the Low-Carb threadā€¦

2 Likes

And Mozzie

2 Likes

Thank you for introducing me to this thread! So much positivity. Iā€™m sure there will be a lot more people posting in here as the wins keep rolling on :grinning:

Go Bombers!

13 Likes

Tell me, how long will people come to this thread to bathe in its positivity?

After which round will it be like a village ravaged by ebola, where no one even talks to anyone else because thereā€™s no one there.?

I reckon Anzac Day, when we get reamed out by razor Ray and Nicholls.

I will never not be lid off.

10 Likes