Lid Off 2024. Show the lid the door 🚪

Well, it was nice being in the premiership window for those 3 weeks :joy:

2 Likes

We will rise after this weekend and win the next 3 and be back in the premiership window again

1 Like

If Essendon wants to play finals in 2023, they must win four games on the trot and hit the bye at 8-5, according to Brad Johnson.

The Western Bulldogs great is anticipating that the Bombers will lose to Brisbane this weekend, but believes they have what it takes to hit the bye with full momentum.

This would require the Dons to break their 13-game losing streak to Richmond dating back to 2014, beat bottom sides in West Coast (in Perth) and North Melbourne, and then take down rivals Carlton.

“The 4B Bombers – Bombers Bounce Before Bye,” Johnson told SEN’s Sportsday.

“In my opinion, they’ll lose this week to Brisbane, but they must win all four games after that to play finals, I think. And not just play finals for the sake of it, build that confidence to have an impact.

“They’re playing good footy, the Bombers.

“Round 10 they play Richmond, Round 11 West Coast, Round 12 North Melbourne and Round 13 the Blues before the bye.

“At the bye they must turn 8-5. They have to.

“The reason I’m liking what they’re doing at the moment is their style of play is excellent.

“Are they good enough to play finals? I actually think they are. They just need to improve their consistency over quarters. Their style is perfect for that playing group.

“Richmond they haven’t beaten for a while and that’s going to be a big challenge. If they get over that one, West Coast and North they clean up and the Blues becomes a 50-50 game.”

If the Bombers hit the bye at 8-5, and we’re assuming they’ll need 13 wins to play finals, they will have ample opportunities to find five more.

They play the Eagles and Kangaroos again in the back half of the year, as well as GWS (in Sydney).

They will then need to beat two of: Fremantle (in Perth), Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, Sydney and Collingwood.

Of course, this all starts with following Johnson’s 4 Bs.

1 Like

4B or not 4B, that is the question.

2 Likes

2014 the last time we beat Richmond fmd if we cant beat them now my god

1 Like

Wont we be a c*cky bunch if we won 4 going into the Bye, with Richmond and Carlton in that bunch of sides.

Also, severely denting Carlton’s Finals aspirations and wiping Richmond’s.
Oh boy…

5 Likes

That’s dark

7 Likes

Richmond always beat us in the dance off pre game too it’s our turn now

Oh, pls lose your mind in the Match Day thread when we lose the “Dance Off”.

To be fair, they do always do that far better than us haha

Concerned about Tippa’s fitness levels in a dance off.
Could get ugly…

2 Likes

Can you corroboree-rate?

joy-dadum

1 Like

I feel like the club dont put enough effort.

Tigers seem to embrace the importance of Dreamtime way more compared to us imo.

HS rating of our fixture from now. Ranked the easiest in the competition.

18. ESSENDON

R10: Richmond (MCG)

R11: West Coast (Optus)

R12: North Melbourne (Marvel)

R13: Carlton (MCG)

R14: BYE

R15: Fremantle (Optus)

R16: Port Adelaide (MCG)

R17: Adelaide (Marvel)

R18: Geelong (GMHBA)

R19: Western Bulldogs (Marvel)

R20: Sydney Swans (Marvel)

R21: West Coast (Marvel)

R22: North Melbourne (Marvel Stadium)

R23: GWS (GIANTS Stadium)

R24: Collingwood (MCG)

The Bombers are on a four-game slide after having played five top-eight teams in a row, including all of the current top four. The good news for the Bombers is that they play just two more games against top-four teams for the rest of the season, and both of them are in Melbourne.

They have nine games to come against teams currently outside the top eight, including six against the bottom-four teams, which is equal-most in the competition. They also only travel once outside of Victoria after round 15.

2 Likes

I’ve got us winning 6 of those which based off last year’s ladder, would see us finish around the 11th-12th mark.

Go move this to the lid on thread please :rofl:

6 Likes

Extra game this year so 10 wins may be lower on the ladder than normal.

2 Likes

drink

epic-sax-guy-moldova

10 Likes