Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

Should have put them away and gone on with it in the 4th. Don’t have that killer instinct yet.

Yep that’s all I could come up with. Today was a very comprehensive performance.

2 Likes

Better than gloating about home and away losses…

Apparently hahahahaha

My point is, even if we do play ■■■■ im certainly not going to let it change my outlook on life. Life’s to short to emotionally invest over a game.

1 Like

Remind me again why you are here?

To kill time while live jasmine loads in another tab.

8 Likes

As good a reason as any.

Thank fark I came in here. For a moment I was feeling good there.

2 Likes

I know, I’ve been around here long enough to know how you see things, Was just using your post to point out some things about others around here.

That being said, on your premise, I don’t see the point of doing something if you’re not going to invest some emotion into it.
That’s not aimed at you, as there’s a few who claim to do it.

Again not that it’s a bad POV to have or that, I just don’t understand it, esp when someone In your case to whatever full degree you have, have helped set up and build and run a place for 15 odd years, that brings essendon people together to ■■■■■ and moan and laugh and get joy from the club and it’s wins. I’m not sure someone can claim they haven’t invested emotionally in it.

Lid off!

2 Likes

Virtually the whole forum is lid on and there is very little hype or cockiness if you ask me.

What you wish for is happening.

For the record the 1993 flag happened due to our clubs ability to “believe” just like the Dogs did last year. They are only a mediocre outfit.

Dont underestimate the potential of positive thinking.

1 Like

I don’t underestimate it. See people get too caught up around here in despising me for how I used to be on here.
I’m not critical of the club because I think they are ■■■■. I’m critical of them because I think they can and should be producing and doing better, and that trickles down from the board, to the coaches to the players to the fans.

I keep harping on about it, but the collingwood game, I was critical of the way in which they produced the win. I didn’t think it was setting the right foundation to build on and get better.
I got crucified for that with things like “i hate the club” I should go slit my wrists somewhere else, and so on and so on.

Ironically the last 2 weeks I’ve pretty much repeated the same line. The way they have played the last 2 weeks is the blueprint for how they should be expected to perform week in week out, no ifs buts or maybes.

I didn’t see todays game just the highlights, I’m not questioning merretts defensive running in general, but In the highlights there’s a clip of him running 60 meters to put pressure on darling who was 30 meters in the clear inside fifty, I also saw Mckenna run a similar distance in the same bit of play to do the same.
Result, darling misses an easy open goal.
why ??? because of ■■■■■■■ effort and working hard and doing the non glamourous hard stuff.
That was also in the 3rd qtr when we were 60 points up and pretty much the game was over and both teams just going throught the motions.

That’s how you create a solid foundation to build something special off.

So no, I don’t underestimate the power of anything. Way too may people around here ASSUME that my harsh stance on alot of things is out of “hate for the club”.

When in reality, and ironically as proven the last 2 weeks, the same 2 weeks certain knobjockies want to come in here and “gloat” about, that if you work hard both ways, that you bring intensity and effort week in week out, anything is possible, as you so eloquently pointed out, the dogs won a flag from 7th because they put in the hard yards and did the hard work, and it paid off.

4 Likes

If results go our way next week we could be 4th…

2 Likes

Wrong thread for such talk…:slight_smile:

Yeah only just realised the other one has been bumped. Consider it a troll :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m beginning to think I’m not much of a soothsayer.

I didn’t think we’d beat Geelong and I certainly didn’t think we’d slaughter the wet toast.

As I have said I am prone to optimism and am on the verge of disowning this thread.

If Jobe, Hepp, Hurls, Hooker, Colyer and Myers can back up after a 6 day break,McKenna keeps improving, Ambrose comes back and shuts down Jack Riewoldt, Zaka keeps up his form, Joe keeps kicking straight and the all the forwards are kicking goals and our run down tackles continue to become contagious amongst the red and black. I don’t doubt Walla keeping coming up with the goods consistently.

Time to change the thread title.

No positivity here mate.

Mate - How can you offer a decent opinion without watching the game - There is no rule that you must post in match type threads if you haven’t watched the game - There’s nothing wrong with self discpline.

ESSENDON

Have struggled in recent times in the Dreamtime match.

1 Like