Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

2 Likes

It’s odd it’s called a ‘blockbuster’ considering neither team has won a final in the years since it’s inception.

The skill level is generally poor and bereft of any major highlights. For fans of either team it’s frustrating to watch. For nuetrals it’s as funny as watching a one legged cat trying to bury a turd on an iced lake.

4 Likes

Oracle.

The concerning signs that have been apparent all season aren’t going away, and whenever we face an opponent that turns up to play we get blown out of the water.

It was only Richmond’s inaccuracy that kept this from being a six goal drubbing.

The inside fifty statistics are scary and they aren’t getting any better. Good teams will absolutely blow us away.

What’s really bad is that we’ll continue to have a middling season and get mid range draft picks.

Hooker must got back. Isn’t offering a hell of a lot up forward and the backline is treading water. If we’re going to keep letting opposition drill the ball in forward at least give Hurley and helper.

2 Likes

Myers gawn
Mc Kenna gawn
Gleeson gawn

Have to go for an A-grader. If not Martin or Fyfe, then a key forward, cause Hooker ain’t gonna fix any problems.

We’d better put some more chairs out. Looks like it’s gonna be a busy night.

Sorry frosty, but we’ve been having these losses for a decade.

1 Like

Glue the ■■■■■ farken lid back on.
That confident we won’t make finals that I’m going to book another overseas holiday for September

2 Likes

This swear filter is bizarre.

I agree tonight wasn’t good, but we still should improve more. Although the midfield is a real concern.

Our mid field has been rubbish for a decade we had the chance to go after the likes of Adams,Treloar but did nothing.

I’m all for negativity but clearly between 2013 and 2015 draft/ trade periods we were not in a position to trade for quality due to our draft penalties or go after stars given the uncertainty over our future.

4 Likes

Fair point this year our hands are not tied hope we go hard after the likes of Martin,Hopper etc.

1 Like

Definitely

We are definitely a see-saw team, up one week and down the next. Nobody have the nerve to can Ninthmond had they kicked straight they would have thrashed us. Very poor showing.

Was quoting lid-off comments in the lid-on thread a plan to break space-time and free us from 15 years of hell?

(Wtf, Swype doesn’t recognise hell as a word?!)

2 Likes

Meh.

This season is so tight, it would be no surprise if Essendon finished 16th

Ball is still in our court. We played pretty bad, as bad as we have all year, against a much improved Richmond side this year and lost by only 15 points. Not time to start slashing the wrists just yet

I think out of all the contenders currently fighting for 8th we have the most potential improvement still on offer. We don’t have much room left for ■■■■ games like that.