Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

That is the irony, even from you, that i had to laugh at at the backlash of my comments on anzac day.

I said i was happy with the win (which no one believed) but not by the way it was achieved cos it didn’t fill me with any confidence.

people forget how “good” we were in 09 and won anzac day and how promising it was we had all this young talent coming through.

Then in 2013 when we won again on anzac day, there was all this promise that once the wada ■■■■ was behind us, ■■■ look out.

then again the usual suspects come out in force after we win on anzac day, and start doing the same thing as always, we are world beaters.

2 weeks later ???

you’re all a bunch oh hypocrites. You’ll sit there and gloss over all the pitfalls we face, simply cos we play and beat ■■■■■■■ sides on the day than us, then you’ll turn quicker than zaka hiding from contact when we lose a game and crap on about how it’s years til we are close.
pathetic ■■■■■■■ hypocrites

2 Likes

Nah, nobody said we were world beaters. Everybody was just enjoying us winning a game. The fact that you’re unable to do that is your problem.

10 Likes

Agree.

The best we could hope for is to build with a view to having a tilt at it while Hurley and Hooker are still in their later years.

Hurley
Hooker
Heppell
Joe
Zerrett
Fantasia
Parish
McGrath
Tippa

Likely guys to kick on: Langford, Lav, Francis

Hopefully kick on: Redman, Ridley, Begley, Mutch

We need to build around this as the core and add to it with plenty more talent in the next few years.

1 Like

No, you’re ■■■■■■■ problem was that even after we won on a pretty big day for the club you still came on here and sprouted ■■■■ about cripple fight and telling us to tone it down. At least let people enjoy a moment of sunshine you ■■■■! Your problem isn’t that you are negative or that you are a moron, is that even if something goes right you will only focus on the negative side of it, hence why I said what I did.

And mind you, I still stand by it. I’m not a hypocrite for saying it, you’re just a ■■■■

6 Likes

I am trying to work out if we are at the level of Melbourne and/or Richmond in terms of mediocrity (or we even beneath that) or if we need to tank for a couple more years and really and truly bottom out and do what Melbourne did and load up on draft picks.

1 Like

Fair burn.

4 Likes

Why do you hate Essendon so much ?

3 Likes

Things can change quickly but I really don’t think Hooker will be around for our next very good team. It was a tough call at the time but I would have given him a big hug and wished him all the best at Freo and pocketed my pick 2.
In reality I believe we need to build around the Heppel, Daniher group.

2 Likes

I think Hurley and Hooker can still be very useful veterans in our next premiership.

1 Like

I hope your right, Hooker will be 31 in 2019 and I think we are still a fair way away at that point. We would have probably retired Kelly, Goddard, Watson, Hocking, Stanton, Howlett, Bird and Bagley by then and turned over a bunch of other blokes that aren’t/will not come on.

I think we still have the tools. I’m really excited that our next crop can combine with the current crop and see us challenging soon. As long as two or three out of Kav, Steinberg, Browne, Jackson Merrett, Hams, Davis and Ross come on, I think we’ll be there or thereabouts.

21 Likes

we’re going to be severely limited in being able to attract good players by the fact that (a) we’re ■■■■ and (b) we signed hooker and hurley to monster deals and clogged up our salary cap.

Fark Carlton and Brisbane will both play finals before us and probably even Whoreforn.
Just let that sink in for a moment

Because they will spit out some boys who we pick up as F/S in 18 years?

2 Likes

Maybe that’s what Woosha has in mind and we are not seeing it.

1 Like

So Hooker will still be playing when he’s in his 40’s you reckon.

1 Like

Both have 5 years in them. (Let’s hope so anyway, that’s the contacts they got.)

That’s plenty of time to turn this around, if done properly.

The ‘done properly’ bit is the key part there.

2 Likes

I agree. I’d start as of next week if i was woosh. Sooner the better

Stop playing plodders like dea, Stanton, Myers, hocking, howlett, Gleeson etc. I’d honestly not be bothered if none of them saw senior footy again

Move zaharakis on

Trade aggressively for a decent ruckman

Start blooding some more kids. Mutch, BEGLEY etc

2 Likes

It actually blows my mind that any Essendon fan under the age of 20 would have zero experience of anything other than mediocrity.

They have zero experiences of supporting an successful Essendon side.

Just think about that next time you’re at a game or if you have kids who follow Essendon, all they know Essendon as is bottom feeding laughing stock.

The same way most of us growing up viewed Richmond at school, that’s us as well now.

Carlton are the same but atleast they’ve all had 2 finals wins to enjoy the past 6 years.

It’s probably not a big deal to others but as a kid Essendon were successful, they were always up there every few years contending. Those memories are all that keep me going today.

21 Likes

Time for a major clean out at the end of the year. We need to have a massive rebuild, hit the draft hard and ffs can we get a half decent ruckman on the list next year