Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

In our defence we have had a pretty gruelling schedule and we were always going to struggle. The fact that for 3 quarter we smashed them is a fair effort in itself. Every time they kicked a goal it seemed like we got the reply within 3 minutes (I’ll check that later)

And even in the 4th, yes we were lucky but Fantasias first goal was a pressure kick and he nailed it as was Danihers goal. We kept going and got the result despite being dead on our feet.

However if we don’t fix our clearance work soon we will be in a lot of trouble. Got absolutely smashed last night against some pretty ordinary ruckmen

3 Likes

They could’ve won by four goals in the last really.

1 Like

The commentators said during the telecast that that was the first time that J Selwood had tasted defeat at the hands of Essendon. That’s a fair run. He’s been playing for a while.

and until the list mgt team delivers a legit top 4 midfield, that sinking feeling that we are about to get run over in the last for the umpteenth time will continue to be there more often than not.

If we had one of the top rated midfield units in the comp, they never get remotely close.

That is what is needed to capitalise on this new fangled ‘functioning forward line’ thing we now have.

Looking back on it now, the dees were desperate to get Oliver a couple of years back and they did whatever they had to to leapfrog us in the draft and secure the player they wanted.

He already looks to be one of the standout midfield prospects of the last 10 years and is close to their best midfielder already.

Cant re-write history now, but I’d hope we’d learn from it (given our track record, Im not holding my breath).

■■■■ chasing half backs like pittard, its well past time we fix the root cause of the majority of our problems.

3 Likes

11 wins I think. The last time we beat them he missed through injury

This is like the old ‘playing above themselves’, ‘if we’d kicked straight we would have won’ cliched shyte that get’s bandied about far to often by fans and ‘pundits’.

Same with people who complain the press is saying that ‘geelong lost and we didnt win’. These same posters have stated in other threads declaraed they don’t care what the press say anymore.

Well geelong did lose. And if it puts some heat on their ■■■■■■■ mouth breathing coach, I’m happy it’s reported like that.

2 Likes

If the past 13 years is anything to go by, our performances are nothing but predictable. Hoping we can do it post bye vs the dogs.

‘Honourable’ loss is a possibility this week. Followed by the usual shitfest vs richmond.

Too early to call vs giants at this stage (injuries suspensions etc), but I reckon if we played this week we’d push them.

Team’s still coming together and it’s highly likely that there’ll be another vs melb performance at some stage at the dome.

/thread.

4 Likes

Hey Gloomers, 'sup?

4 Likes

Come back after Richmond.

5 Likes

Just gloomy things.

1 Like

We took Parish with the pick after Oliver, and the next year took McGrath #1, but your whining we’re not prioritising midfield?

1 Like

The ■■■■?

Just enjoy the win today ants.

and if you want to talk about the complete failure of the Essendon Football Club to deliver a top 4 midfield for the last 15 years, we can do that another day.

1 Like

Gloomers?

Anyway, didn’t you get triggered and vow not to return to this thread?

1 Like

I don’t believe I did. And if I did, I still give myself leave to gloat.

But thanks. You’re on the ball.
Maybe you should be a mod or something.

Less than 2 weeks is a while?

2 Likes

Getting a touch of the 93’s about Essendon this year. The mix of old and young who could do anything in a relatively even year. They said we stole it in '93… now’s better than ever to do the same.

Oh Lid ON thread. I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

You might not be able to mute users any more, but you can mute threads. I’ve done it to quite a few when it’s become clear they’ve turned into cyclical ■■■■ fights. Now I don’t know what people are saying about Worsfold any more and it’s working out quite nicely.

Anyone who wants to fight miserable ■■■■■■ in any other thread, go wild. It’s the eternal battle: light vs dark, good vs evil, self proclaimed realists vs self proclaimed realists.

But seriously, this is the self labelled self described miserable thread for miserable ■■■■■■. If that grinds your gears, just mute the thread. It won’t show up in any of your latest lists, unread threads, notifications, nothing. It’ll be like nothing in here exists. You’ll never have to be offended by the negativity.

Try it. It’ll make your life better.

And yes, I’d say the exact same thing to people being miserable ■■■■■■ in the Lid Off thread, but there doesn’t seem to be one with any traction this year for whatever reason.

1 Like

You’re both making the assumption that people are gloomy/miserable (over a game ffs lol) based on essendons performance. Which is funny considering the emotional effort you’ve both invested in your recent posts in here.

3 Likes

The irony is 16 odd years now of actual history and facts show we are a mediocre side. If you point it out you’re “gloomy”

However “gloating” about 2 wins against geelong and WC make people closer to being Richmond supporters than essendon ones.
I remember when we used to “gloat” about winning premierships, not JUST home and away games.

4 Likes