Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

Sydney will be a significant win if we get over the line.

In the last 5 weeks they are 4-1 which is only equaled by one other team over that period - GWS (we are 3-2).

Swans are seriously in red hot form now (coinciding with the return of Heeney) and will take a power of beating on the the SCG - and you know what the umpiring will be like.

2 Likes

plus the matter of Franklin who kicks goals for fun against Essendon.

1 Like

Turned the ball over twice

2 Likes

i see it, but i donā€™t believe it.

5 Likes

Thanks Huddo.

2 Likes

Still canā€™t see this happening. Even more than 2.

Who doesnā€™t kick goals for fun?

1 Like

Langford

9 Likes

kick a goal kyle or we pull a fingernail out.

1 Like

If we play the way we did against Port, we will beat Sydney and tip the ladder on its head.

I would love us to wipe the smirks off the faces of the smart arsed, know it all, commentators. It would be simply beautiful!!!

1 Like

6 wins in the remaining 10 games likely equals Finals.
A patch of 3 or more wins on the trot should get us there.

Easier said than done, of course.

Our forwardline is awesome and is so good that itā€™s winning us most of our games, but our midfield is still trash. And no amount of beating up on interstate teams at home will change that in my mind. Weā€™ve won the inside 50 count just twice this year and weā€™ve generally struggled with clearances. I reckon we need to develop two more quality midfielders if weā€™re to get near top 4 otherwise weā€™ll keep getting the on and off games each week. One of those needs to be a quality inside bull that isnā€™t near 30.

1 Like

DUSTY

2 Likes

Fantasia and Langford.

Fantasia is a forward and Langford hasnā€™t shown me anything to suggest heā€™s near being an inside bull.

1 Like

Yet mate, yet.

Where was Fanta in the 1st half yesterday?
At least concede that youā€™ve seen Fanta contribute in the middle.

Do you really think Fantasia is going to be full time mid now? I was one of the few that thought Fantasia should have been used in the middle last year until he gunned it forward. He can be a good midfielder but heā€™s a way, way better forward. 25 goals and 4th in the goal kicking is more important than being an above average midfielder. You can find midfielders, weā€™ve waited 17 years for a good small forward. Now all of a sudden we have 3. Iā€™m hoping Mutch gets a game later this year.

1 Like

No not full-time.

But def part of the mix.
I know what youā€™re saying, and probably agree. Iā€™d rather a full-time outside fast mid rather than Having to as you say, take a strength from one part of the ground to add to another.

But the coaches played him there last night from the start with plenty of minutes.

1 Like

Jake Carlisle?

5 Likes

I agree with CB.

A pickup like that bloke Hawthorn got off Sydney last year would be great.

Iā€™d be all over Rocky from Brisbane.

1 Like