Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

THE players would grow EXTRA hamstrings?

4 Likes

It’s not hiding away.
It’s getting weary of your bottomless bucket of ■■■■.

See the bolded names above?
All of them become whipping boys at some point.

You are the epitome of the White Ant.

Why?
Why do want people to ‘let that sink in for a moment’?
Seriously - why?
Do you imagine you are talking to someone making the calls at EFC or something?

WTF?
So…now the reason kids follow teams is becasue they consistamntly win?
jeeesusHchrist what a farkin load of farkin bullshiit you guys farkin spout!

thanks

1 Like

@Deckham your constant patrolling every thread just to hush hush every single person that has anything negative to say about anything is just so so tiresome. People are going to be a bit ■■■■■■ off after a loss. Get over it. But why would you come into the Lid On thread just to mock every single view?

5 Likes

Who are you to police the police?

1 Like

You clearly no idea then.
Starting to find more and more kids follow a favourite footballer rather than a team just like kids do with the NBA and EPL. Only have to look at the junior clubs in my area and I’ll use my local club as an example. I took these stats at training a few weeks ago, have a squad of 177 between our u9’s, u11’s, u13’s, u15’s and u17’s. Now the u17’s have official club training tops so I’ve ruled them out. That leaves 142 junior players. 28 of those wear soccer tops or plain T-shirts and of the 114 remaining who wear football guernseys would you like a guess at at who they support bearing in mind I’m based in Adelaide?
26 Hawthorn
21 Port
20 Crows
14 Western Bulldogs
12 West Coast
9 Geelong
4 Sydney
2 GWS
2 Gold Coast
2 Richmond
2 Collingwood
Not 1 frigging Essendon guernsey amongst them :cry:

Um, yeah. You’ll find a lot of kids love a team that wins. If a kid is a bit neutral on footy, do you think they would support Brisbane or Adelaide? It’s half the reason I started supporting Essendon when we were pretty good around 98, because we were good. The other half is someone bought me bombers socks, lol

4 Likes

A couple of things -

• my mistake - didn’t realise which thread this was.
  • I don’t attempt to ‘hush hush’ anyone. my issue is with those that constantly speak about the club I love (and they do too, presumably) as if it were an opposition club.
  • and finally - always is interesting to see that those who attack others, hate being attacked.

But anyway - you’re correct - it’s not the thread I should be in.
Carry on flagellating yourselves. It’s fun for some, I understand.

5 Likes

I have no idea?
Yet you, with all your self-presumed knowledge, keep forgetting that this is a rigged competition. It’s not a fair comp. You know that! So why keep going on about how long it’s been? That’s the whole point! It’s supposed to take that long!

ffs, cya in a different thread.

Glad I’m not that kind of guy that takes criticism of his sports team as a personal attack.

5 Likes

Just ask brent harveys kids.

Wow, you really have to re-think this post - its staggeringly ignorant. Of course kids follow successful teams, its the reason why the clubs who have the most supporters are also the same ones with the most premierships. Even kids with EFC members as parents are far less likely to really embrace the club while we are a basket case. I’ve spoken about this in the saga threads - we are losing a generation of support. Melbourne were once a big club with a strong supporter base. They won premierships through the 40’s to the early 60’s & were a powerhouse. 50 years later they haven’t seen another flag & they have struggled with low member & attendance numbers not to mention a near merger. Richmond is another club that enjoyed sustained success in the past, built a strong support base but lost a large portion of it through sustained mediocrity. Sure right now they have seen the “tiger army” come out of the woodwork but they have for most of the last 30 years been struggling for members & money (save our skins).

2 Likes

Perhaps I worded it wrong. And now, as i exit stage left, I promise myself that this is the last I visit this thread for a while.
I would hope, that even though values have, in my opinion, deteriorated to a ‘i want it now’, ‘it’s broken, throw it away’, ‘you’re homeless so you must be lazy’, ‘i get plastered so i can have a good time’, and on topic ‘we lose so we’re a shiit team’, I would hope, I repeat, that parents try and teach their young kids that there is more to the world and supporting a team than winning and hanging crap on those you beat.

But what the fark would I know. I’m incredibly ignorant.

2 Likes

Why don’t you care about the club?

Out of curiosity, why did you believe EFC had so many members/supporters - did you simply put it down to breeding - EFC supporters having more kids & so on?

Forget 2018 do a rebuild and get it together for 2019.