Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

This line of thinking is garbage and irrelevant considering they’d played finals the year before and didn’t have a 10+ year drought of not winning a final.

2 Likes

And looking at how bad the Hawks and Lions are our form line doesn’t look great all of a sudden

Geez, 2-2 is not bad. If we keep up that win rate then we’ll make finals. Everyone at the club has mentioned we’re only going to get better as the season progresses. Chill out

3 Likes

Plenty of posters are bipolar as part of their blitz character. Though there must be more pessimistic (sorry, I should say realist to not offend them) posters, since blitz crashes almost exclusively during and/or after a loss.

It seems to me that, with a few exceptions (Meat!), the upbeat posters tend to stick around after a loss.
On the other hand, the pessimists tend to not show up until they can confidently proclaim that we’re farked. Just scrolling though the review thread, I see plenty of posts from people who haven’t posted for ages.

Probably getting a bit off topic here. TLDR; the internet is weird.

4 Likes

I really hope that the players and coaches have more resilience and fortitude than the average hysterical blitzer.

6 Likes

Given what we have seen so far, 8-10 wins would be good. My main hope is to see improvement in the younger players that results in some surprise wins in the second half of the season. That will auger well for next year, where anything less than a finals win will be a fail.

1 Like

There are no easy games anymore.

The questions is how much fight do they have to bash out wins week in week out.

1 Like

This time in 2015, the Bulldogs were 3-1. They hadn’t played finals the year before.

And that’s not just for us, it’s for every club in the league.

How much do you want it?

1 Like

We need another crack at the top end of the draft.

I think we’ll get that.

1 Like

We’ll have one in the top 10 I reckon.

1 Like

And give it straight to Gws for Hopper.

1 Like

Or maybe we’ll have pick 18

Who would know at this stage??

1 Like

They just enjoy flinging their misery at everyone trying to wring any kind of joy from the game, like chimps flinging ■■■■.

2 Likes

Chimps fling ■■■■ when threatened, angry, overexicted, or bored, which I think covers every reason people post on blitz. So I guess you’re right.

Very good.

For me a pass will be not losing more than 2 or 3 games in a row.

If we played a final that’s a bonus.

3 Likes

Actually plenty of pessimistic (realistic) posters still post during the week and even after a win, you won’t notice it though because we tend to lose more than win.

However we are so terribly sorry that we are so pessimistic, when we have been given so much joy the last 15 years.

2 Likes

Seriously SCarey review…if it pans out that way. Ronnies apprentice may have got it right.

Don’t conflate pessimism and realism. They’re not the same thing.

2 Likes