Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

Looking forward to watching the boys missing a wall

I think he means they’re gonna build a wall.

3 Likes

Yeah but it will be American made so after quarter time the wall bursts

Who was that bloke who had lid off as his avartar? Was full on lid off, think he went by the moniker WOB? Haven’t seen him, looks as though essington finally beat him to death :wink:

The next three games are all winnable. Go in 5-2 and it all looks very different.

5 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, but your lid looks a little off there.

Tide is turning.

Some will be thinking it should have been 6-1.

It will be 2-5

2 Likes

Wins and losses will depend on how we go to the bye.

The back half of the season might become a transitional last 10 or so games.

Where the aging/average players are basically demoted in order to start developing any one the coaches think will be part of the next period of success.

1 Like

Anything is possible, and although I have recovered a little more optimism, I think beating Freo at Subiaco is rating ourselves a bit high for the moment.

I admit I didn’t realise Melbourne had a big game tonight and only one more day’s break than us, so I am more on board that we are a chance tomorrow and next week.

If we win the more winnable games up to round 12 and go into the round 13 bye at 6 or 7 wins, the lid is definitely back off and finals a realistic possibility, but it still will be very finely balanced.

We are showing signs of 1993 style tanking with the inclusion of Francis and McNeice, rather than favouring the more experienced players, and if this begins to come off, then who knows.

Stewart is another player who is showing signs of coming along and between him and Francis, Hooker may have back up which makes us stronger both forward and back.

Another factor is we have a mosquito fleet with a lot of potential, but looking at the VFL side, there is not any quality pace in reserve, so, as always, injuries or lack of them have a role to play.

I do see, Hooker, Hurley, Watson, Heppell, Myers, TBC, Stanton, Hocking and Howlett regaining more of their former powers as the year goes on, which is a big plus for best 22 and good rotational depth (which helps both the younger and older players), with Colyer already looking good.

With Francis, Stewart, McNeice, Parish, McGrath, Langford, Green, Raz, Walla and Joe and maybe Laverde all having potential for significant improvement both individually and collectively this year, all is not lost if we have a strong enough platform to go into the second half of the season with.

The main question I was thinking of in the OP, is whether it would all come together too late for us to make the finals and it isn’t looking easy. However, if we can reach the bye at 50% or better, we are still very much in it. Every win or loss on the way there will affect the complexion of how things are looking considerably. Under 50% the lid stays on, particularly if we go into the full “get ready for 2018” mode as a result.

2 Likes

I think tomorrow will tell us everything we need to know about this team this season. If we play the same way we did against carlton in the wet and lose- then we really are going nowhere in a hurry.

Win and we are back on track, a loss on Anzac Day again will be devastating to our season imo

3 Likes

Agree completely

Yep. It’ll tell us we are crap in the wet. Not much more.

4 Likes

Considering our draw, by the time our players start working together and a late season surge this lid could be blown off later in the year!

I sure hope you meant “lid” there …

I’m ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ it will most likely be wet.

Our speed of ball movement and mosquito fleet are our weapon.

The wet nullifies it.

No Mr Dutton.

First one down.

5 Likes

Negative on the 2-5 Negative Nancy.

3-4

1 Like