Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

Beat Melbourne and Fremantle and we drive a point wedge between ourselves and the teams just below us on the ladder. Obviously I am not confident that this will actually occur.

1 Like

:joy: :joy::joy:

Anti Lid on Venom is needed here:

-We will beat the Dees today
-We will travel and out run the Dockers away
-We will upset the Cats,announcing us as a legit finals contender and our young mids will be lauded.

Hope that didn’t hurt Lid On Thread :wink:

1 Like

The thing with footy is that each game changes our predicted trajectory.
If we’d lost on Anzac Day we would expect to lose to the Dees, but now we are a good chance and if we beat them then we rate ourselves against port, saints etc.
If we beat GWS then people will lock in the rest of the fixtures as wins.
History says if you are in the right after 8 rounds then you will stay there, and I reckon we can do it.

First and foremost, Essendon are playing exhilarating and fast paced footy. Yes, they’ve “only” beaten the Hawks (its was how Essendon beat them after the Hawks looked in control and got in front) , Lions (who were up and about at the time) and Pies (who’ve had Essendon’s Anzac Day measure for a long time) but there’s definite signs of progress/improvement.

2017 so far has been the year of breaking hoodoos. Today will be another where the favourite between these 2 clubs will actually win!

Go Bombers!

The teams we’ve beaten are sitting 15, 16 & 17.

13th placed Carlton dealt with us pretty comfortably and we were never in the contest against the one good side we’ve played.

Some of you get sucked in waaaaay too easily.

8 Likes

Boooooooooo

1 Like

Yeah I got sucked in in 2000 when we didn’t beat a side above us all year :wink:

13 Likes

We should win today.

Saying that three times while looking in the mirror is how you summon Essington.

11 Likes

So if Essendon beat Melbourne you’re going to down play that too?!

It’s this guys fault

GET HIM!!!

5 Likes

I only said it once and still Essington were summoned.

1 Like

Same old Essendon. Play well one week, ■■■■ for 3 weeks.
3-3 heading to Perth then Geelong.

1 Like

We’re bound to pull a win out of our ■■■■. May be geelong.

1 Like

Not a chance

mods, please change thread title to 2020

Too much optimism, I would say 2027

3-19

1 Like

No doubt a massive rebuild is in order.

The returning 10 have shown they’re only part of the answer going forward. Hurley, Hooker, Heppell, Colyer yes. Hocking, Stanton, Watson, Howlett all no, and the jury is out on Myers and Bellchambers.

Essendon are better than 2016, but not by enough to challenge for the eight.

A finish outside the bottom four would be a satisfactory season.

Yeah basically. We’re a lot more structured but that structure falls apart at times and you can’t do that against anyone good. Still should win 6 minimum, might win 12 if we do pretty well.

1 Like