Lid on 2018 - have we gone to soon? Nervously hanging out for Friday

Seems like we’ve been rebuilding for 10 years. Maybe get new builders?

2 Likes

I think the builders are okay. It’s the wrecking crew who have issues - they can’t decide who to re-cycle or who to dump.

1 Like

Don’t blame me because you got sucked in.

1 Like

Who’s worth investing in if we were looking to the future?

B: McGrath Ambrose(?) ?
HB: ? Hurley Gleeson(?)
C: Colyer Heppell Laverde(?)
HF: Fantasia Joey Langford
F: Walla Hooker(?) Green(?)
R: ? Zerrett Parish

There’s not actually too many question marks in that team. We will have to find replacements for Kelly and Baguley and we need a good young ruck.

I’m still glass half full

1 Like

We are years away from playing finals let alone seriously contend for a flag. Think people are finally starting to see how poor our list is. The midfield is our biggest concern, we seriously need to go hard at a couple in the offseason. We probably only a have a dozen or so AFL standard players currently plus the kids in the VFL that hopefully can be fast tracked

1 Like

It’s same ■■■■ every year though. Need to rebuild, need to clean out, blah blah blah.
Go hard for who though? We won’t land a trelor or a fyfe, we don’t take risks like that.

1 Like

But we don’t.
Our supporters have the gall to have a crack at Norf for cutting their veterans but I’d pretty much guarantee they will play finals again before us.

3 Likes

Ridley, Begley, Laverde, Langford, Redman and Morgan are all under pick 30.

We’ve only seen Langford play this year. Get some games into the others, hopefully some of them are players.

I reckon the 19th club who the AFL bring in will play finals before us.

Hopefully some of the players are delisted or traded at end of the season but I doubt it.

Lol. What a pack of fkn panic merchants.

Pull your skirts down girls, there’s a long way to go.

I only hope the bookies think like you guys, . If so, I’ll clean up when we make the 8.

1 Like

In 2022?
Would be $1000-1 to make it this year

A) wrong thread
b) wish I was in your shoes, being able to set fire to money

2 Likes

That’s what the worry is

We are in a unique situation as far as feeling obliged to offer contracts to the suspended players but at the end of this year surely the goodwill ends. We have too many list cloggers in our system currently and I hope the penny finally drops for us

2 Likes

Morgan in his second year and has come as close to selection as I have.

Redman looks light years away.

Laverde - I have hopes for, but is chronically injured

Langford - at least manages to play, albeit with the intensity of a wet lettuce leaf.

Ridley - has already found a place on the LTI list.

2 Likes

Hahaha some good stuff here.

I’m not gonna lie. I do feel a little disappointed at how our 2 (back to back) second round selections are looking at present.

Morgan is still chronically struggling with a hamstring we knew about when drafting him and this aside has shown a dislike for physical contact when he has played.

Redman I have a bit more optimism about. He definitely has ‘something’. Is a nice size just not sure what sort of role they have in mind for him going forward. I hope to see him string together a solid run of footy this year and to see some gradual improvement.

1 Like

Mutch is the only kid that should be playing in my opinion. The others haven’t done enough.

Fyfe.

You forgot Francis

Still reckon we won’t lose more than 3 games in a row this season.

3 Likes