Morgan
Colyer (see Myers)
Hocking
Howlett
Kelly (2 useful years, but surely…)
McKernan
Long
Eades

Can anyone make a case for retaining any of these beyond 2017? That’s a lot of deadwood, wasted talent or guys who’ve sadly reached the end. And it doesn’t even include guys who are borderline like Bird (who has been treated extremely harshly this year selection-wise), Dea and Brown.

I wonder why we are so ordinary…

Colyer and Myers are worth persisting for another year, several in the case of Colyer. Leuenberger and Bellcho give you ruck depth and McKernan is ok as a rookie to promote if we need a ruck.

Otherwise yes.

If we get rid [quote=“BAAKKEERRRR, post:482, topic:10278, full:true”]
Watson (sadly)
Stanton
J Merrett
Leuenberger or Bellchambers
Myers (10 years of “potential”)
Morgan
Colyer (see Myers)
Hocking
Howlett
Kelly (2 useful years, but surely…)
McKernan
Long
Eades

Can anyone make a case for retaining any of these beyond 2017? That’s a lot of deadwood, wasted talent or guys who’ve sadly reached the end. And it doesn’t even include guys who are borderline like Bird (who has been treated extremely harshly this year selection-wise), Dea and Brown.

I wonder why we are so ordinary…
[/quote]

No, they aren’t. They really aren’t.

But, thankfully, the decision whether to persist with Myers and Colyer is already out of our hands, as the club rushed out last year to sign both through 2019. Because keeping VFL-standard players on a senior list for a decade or more is the Essendon way.

3 Likes

We’ve persisted long enough!
Time to cut the cord!!!
Cut our losses with Myers, see if WCE or Freo are prepared to offer anything for Colyer (whose disposal is beyond putrid).

There’s a difference between bemoaning the negatives after our worst loss of the season to date and ■■■■■■■ and moaning about our best win of the season to date.

I took the liberty of finding your new avatar:

I’m with you in this one.

At what point are we going to lest the past go. Too many players have been given a pass for too long.

Time to be more ruthless with moving players on.

I would also like us to be happier to send players to other clubs, we appear to have a fear of a player going well elsewhere. Maybe we should have shipped Myers and Colyer to Melbourne when Roos wanted them.

The supplement saga taught everyone something. Jobe has a life, a partner and a business in New York. He will pull the plug himself because he has other plans for his life. Football is something he plays its not who he is and he doesn’t need footy as much as the club needed him. He deserves all the happiness he finds where ever he finds it.

4 Likes

Focus on the draft this year. The banned players had a chance for a finals tilt and arguably blew it. We need to focus on the future and that is 2018 and beyond.

Our club has become used to mediocrity. Unless the club makes the tough decisions soon we are destined for mediocrity for a long time to come. Saying that makes me sad but I know, its true but I don’t like it. And; yesterday was a stark reminder and rubbed it into our faces yet again.

EFC may be able to make it into the 8 mathematically, My season is done. Places to go, things to see.

1 Like

I was wrong to start thinking that this team and club have turned the corner (or at least approaching it), instead we are on a road to nowhere.

It’s the same ■■■■ every year, no matter the cattle or the coaches. Always playing at the opposition’s level.

3 Likes

Fixed.

I’m not entirely sure why but I still think J Merrett can make it as a AFL player. Maybe just not on the EFC list?

1 Like

Vs norf will be that prick thomas’ farewell game. He’ll kick 8 goals.

Ok, it was 3 weeks in the end but you guys get it.

1 Like

See you same time, same place next year.

I’ve been saying to my EFC friends for weeks that i’m not going to the North game if Thomas is playing as i’ll say or do something that i’ll likely regret. The most odious player in the competition by quite some margin, and even when he finally does us all the favour of retiring and disappearing off into anonymity, we’ll be reminded of him into perpetuity every time a ridiculous free kick is called for sliding / below the knees contact.

You shouldn’t say ■■■■ so much, it just ends up making the word redundant.

1 Like

Not sure cutting the list by 13 and replacing them with say picks 7,25,43,61,79 etc etc is a great idea either

But agree with the notion changes need to be made just not sure a list cull that deep is gonna work unless it can net us some top 20~30 picks

Which with the players you mentioned, it wont

If anything from 2002 onwards has shown, the list is irrelevant. It’s the mood/vibe/culture or whatever that has stinked up the joint like a morgue with no power.

11 Likes

Mabo??

1 Like