Lid On 2019: The Lid remains on, until a final is won

Unless you trade someone with currency. But we don’t even consider that.

You might but the club won’t do anything. Once you realise that you might stop running into brick walls over this club.

And if we get that wrong, we could end up going down the Melbourne path:

• Step 1: Overpay with two draft picks (Lever)
  • Step 2: Trade out something of value (Hogan) to get something of value (May)
  • Step 3: Discover that you have made no progress (or in Melbourne’s case, gone backwards)

(In time, this may also come to be renamed the “Wingard-Burton” phenomenon)

If you had of said that in 2005 we should have had a premiership by 2015. It is now 2019. That makes it to 2029. If we rinse and repeat from 2005 we won’t be winning a Premiership til 2039.
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKKKKKKKKKKKK

Unknown

The body language of our players when we are getting beaten tells me we are miles off winning a flag.

We are the biggest front runners in the game.

We just don’t have the “champion” mentality when the chips are down.

2 Likes

0 tackles for parish and heppel simply isnt good enough. Not even close.

Them two need to be having 4 + tackles every game.

Both need to have a look at themselves defensively after tonight.
Not the only ones too.

1 Like

Zero tackles from our captain???

I love Hep as a player but he’s a garbage captain.

We are just an average footy team. There’s no ruthless players, Goddard was the only one that played with that passion. Soft football club. It ■■■■■ me

I think he does lots of great things right as a captain.

But I’m not sure he is the guy to captain a team with all the talent in the world, but are a bunch of lazy low work rate blokes. In saying that I don’t think we have anyone better on our list to do the job.

We need a captain who will in no uncertain terms tell the boys to pull their finger out of their arses.
Same goes for our coach.

1 Like

Can someone please explain why McGovern was allowed to mark just about every forward 50 entry we had. FMD

Cricket was awesome

not for the first time

1 Like

Just quietly adding another item to the list on the whiteboard.

Fantasia plays vs the Eagles under duress, and stinks it up.

yes

not trading him though that’s retarded. i’ve mentioned previously that of all our senior players Hooker is the only one I haven’t lost my ■■■■ at this season and that still stands. But playing him serves very little purpose anymore.

Sure, i’ve cooled down after last night and maybe throwing Hooker in with everyone else was mighty harsh, but my overall opinion stands. We need a change up.

Still has 2 years left on his contract. Essendon couldn’t even give him away if it wanted to

Devon Smith imo

1 Like

He was suffering trauma from too many pinches.

Really missing a WOB rant right about now!

That’s what this place needs to cheer us up.

1 Like

ok guys, there are lots of people trying to get into the thread. So single file please as lid off folk are trying to leave

4 Likes