Lid On 2019: The Lid remains on, until a final is won

Quality title change

3 Likes

NOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!

True, but we don’t have a dream run of games at the MCG like those two and we’ve burnt our chances of a top 4 finish before the bye. It’s possible, but I’m not holding my breath.

I would argue EFC are in the worst position of any club in the short-medium and long term. We supposedly have a good list, but the reality is we don’t as they can’t make finals. Our last 2 B&F winners are out injured with no return date, some of our most important players are nearing the end, we have no out-and-out young guns coming through and to top it off we have no draft picks. Even the teams below us have draft picks. I think we’re farked for years.

3 Likes

The whole list build was dependent on a group of 20-24 year olds going up a level or two in their standing, (OK to good or great). It’s still largely up in the air but we won’t be adding any premium young players for a while now so the improvement needs to come and come fast from the core young group.

Here is a slightly different perspective. Even without JD and Devon Smith we have a talented and relatively well experienced list. Hepp, Zerrett, Zacka, Shiel, Fantasia, Hooker, Hurley, Belly, Walla, Pidg. That’s 10 players who would make the 22 for most teams in the comp.

The challenge is for Woosha and the coaching group to take this core and convert talent into consistency.

Finals should still absolutely be the goal. As a supporter I would be gutted if the club gives up on this season.

5 Likes

At 10.15 tonight this thread will be…

IMG_3189

8 Likes

When I look at that list of players the problem is immediately obvious. Aside from Hooker we have no leaders. There is no one on that list who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and change it through sheer will.

We don’t have a single player in the top 20 of the comp. We just have a lot of B+ graders. Won’t win a flag with this list.

1 Like

Jakey says “I can bust a pack, break a tackle and kick a goal, if only I can get those 4 defenders off me”

Baby steps. Let’s win a final first.

1 Like

Sadly, this is true.

I think top 20 is very conservative…

Joe and Orazio are top 20 players when fit.

The fact that these two can’t get on the park is a massive issue for us, because after that there are a bunch of B+ guys (a couple of which did used to be A graders).

We’ve needed more from the Langford/Laverde/Parish/Francis/McGrath group of first rounders, especially as we gave away our next three first round picks. There is still plenty of time for those guys, though.

Better get Riolio to check the servers, this thread will destroy the internet next Sunday. Tonight will be a good test for it

1 Like

Not only will we win the flag. We will 3 peat!

Wrong thread

1 Like

I can’t envisage what could possibly go wrong on a cold, damp mid season twilight game on a depressing time slot on a Sunday :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You need a better imagination then. Hell you probably don’t need one to know what will happen next week.

This time we have picks 1,5,6,17,20 we’re waiting on. Basically a decade ago from 05-07 it was picks 2,6,7,18,19 (Ryder/Dempsey/Gumbleton/Jetta/Myers), who all had plenty of time in 2010. Hopefully it goes better this time.

1 Like

Damn, bro.

1 Like