Lid On 2019: The Lid remains on, until a final is won

Decent devil’s advocate.

Not good enough.

If he had any sense of honour, he should perform hari-kari.

1 Like

ahem!<

Off the top of my head, I am thinking of EFC 1993. Best example ever.

Or at least, since 1897.

1 Like

Yay. At least one stats nerd understood my point…

1 Like

That’s a negative outlook I can respect.

I’m actually genuinely concerned about this

1 Like

It is to be hoped that they do exactly that - push them out.

It’s pretty clear that we don’t have an old list, at all. There’s no need to push guys out artificially.

There’s a solid handful of legit questions on our list, on the leadership, and (even as an unabashed Woosha fan) on the coaching.

The writer of the article just didn’t manage to get any of them.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why leg speed is any less of a problem in the forwardline.

Defensive running and attacking running are at both ends of the ground.

At least in the backline if the ball is coming in slow and high from pressure up the ground then a players judgement is far more important and Hurley and Hooker both excel there.

And with super Franga back there to cut off balls our backline is fine.

1 Like

Have you mentioned this to diggers?
He might get a members discount or something.

5 Likes

Sounds like the franga is too tight.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

I don’t think Hooker’s declining pace is any real concern. It seems that many teams are leaning towards playing 2 rucks this year. Is there another defender in the league better suited to playing on a resting ruck than Hooker? This trend only needs to last 2 or 3 seasons to see out his career.

For those concerned by the hype… only 6 of the HS’s 22 “experts” have gone top 4 at the end of the H&A, 15 top 8 with Tyson Goldsack not rating the list or coaches, missing the 8 altogether! He’s clearly auditioning for a media role (by being controversial) post career. That being said, I hope Essendon do a number on his mob this year

1 Like

“only 6”?

I think that’s a high amount considering our history.

1 Like

Or he’s just taking our short to mid term history into account.

1 Like

Hype gets thrown around but I prefer to think of it as excitement and high expectations about what we can do this year.

All clubs will be wanting to step up and improve and play finals. For some the reality is they are not in that phase, but with a bit of luck and a big commitment many clubs can give it a crack for the 8. Taking Klawdy’s point, it’s not an unreasonable bet to pick us as potentially farking it up.

[quote=“All_Things_Essendon, post:134, topic:14964, full:true”] Tyson Goldsack not rating the list or coaches, missing the 8 altogether!
[/quote]

His club regularly ■■■■■ on us. Why would he have us near the top 8?

1 Like

Let me get this straight- you want Essendon to beat Collingwood this year? Glad we’ve settled that

1 Like

We should be aiming to win at least 1.

Anything less is a failure and should be treated as such.