Lid On 2019: The Lid remains on, until a final is won

Stringer?

We already know what he can do, just a regular game from him.

Everyone complaining that we didn’t smash them off the park has never had to travel interstate twice in one week and play a professional sport. Be happy with the 4 points and move on. Winning ugly builds character.

1 Like

Hooker last minute goal…Again.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

Apart from the 4 points, there was nothing positive to take away from that game

1 Like

How long is a week where you come from?

1 Like

It’s not about ‘smashing’ them. The first half was an abomination.

These performances happen far to often.

They have been interstate twice in a row. What ever please show me the stats on how many teams that have had to do this twice have played their best footy week 2.

Exactly. If it was a once off nobody would be too worried. But it’s become a common theme when playing lowly teams. We always start flat and let the opposition get a foothold in the game

1 Like

It does sound like you are trying to make a case for greater enthusiasm regarding the result tonight. Are you in the right thread?

As for my initial comment above, I was just trying for a smirk or two from fellow posters, which we could all use. I really had nothing serious to add.

The lions went to Sydney in round 16 and beat the giants by 20, then went to Adelaide in round 17 and beat up port by 48 points. Did they play better footy against port? Hard to say. They were up by 5 goals at quarter time though.

Pies had back to back trips recently. Murdered by GWS in week 2.
North this week. Murdered by West Coast in week 2.

1 Like

Guessing they hadn’t lost 13 in a row either.

Lol we have not turned the corner.

Anyone who was expecting a percentage booster verse the suns has not followed Essendon closely for the past 15 years

3 Likes

5th win in a row. 2nd on the road. Finals all but certain. Plenty of good side have dropped “easy” games this season. We scraped over the line. 4 points and all that. Also not a bad thing for them to get a scare at this stage in the season.

1 Like

Could have lost the past 5 so so easily and be 6 losses on the trot

@Bomber-A and the Lid On thread. A match made in heaven.

1 Like

Lucky in finals that you don’t play the bottom teams!

4 Likes

So you where expecting a percentage booster then

Yeah “could” being the magic word. But guess what? We are winning! Do you know how many other teams in the league are on a 5 game winning streak? 2! And we’re the third!

That leaves 15 other teams that aren’t. We are going pretty farking well all things considered.

You do realise that if you’re not getting enjoyment out of us winning at the moment, you probably never will because there will never be another season like 2000 again.

Edit: sorry, wrong thread for optimism.

4 Likes