Lid On 2022, Season in tatters . Bin it. Roll on 2024

Its just as well the gorilla forwards are mostly in their last seasons, or play for sides near the bottom of the list. Those on the rise are mediums or tall mobile types.

The Mackay, Daniher King bros and Naughton types will be our main tall forward problems.

2 Likes

How could you not be sold on them… 2 of them were nominated for the rising star and as for Reid we clearly need a tall, athletic key defender to replace Stewart in the future.

1 Like

That thread title doesn’t even sound like it’s convinced itself.

7 Likes

Guilty as charged. Off to the Lid Off

1 Like

When you’ve got the last 20 years as evidence, you don’t need a punchy thread title to be convinced.

In 2021 we got back to mid-ladder mediocrity.

With that, the journey is over, and we’re home again.

8th and first round finals defeat yet again

Lock it in

1 Like

Can’t begrudge any supporter waiting for a sign that this season will be different. Yep, 2021 was a breath of fresh air BUT, the challenge is to back up on the gains of last year. Oh man, the 67 goal stat floating around gives rise for concern. Where the hell are the goals going to come from? Yikes

I asked him, he said we got pretty ■■■■■■■ close

1 Like

I am very much lid off, but this thread is therapy for my EFLAD ( Essendon Finals Loss Anxiety Disorder)

2 Likes

Worst thread ever.
Hang your head in shame.

7 Likes

You know this club has never quite recovered from Round 8 1954.
After that we were always waiting for a messiah to be born again.
For a time Llordo was the man, and indeed 2000 was on the back of his predictable brilliance.

A team is more than one “Buddy” or “Hawk”, but it really is comforting to watch your team each week, knowing there is a bloke down there that can win games off his own boot.

But here now, in 2022 we are bereft of hope … a forward line messiah is nowhere to be seen after the last ( could have been) one headed north.

Worth noting Jack Darling is no guarantee to play this year either, unless he agrees to get vaccinated.

We are better off without him

I’m just lid on. Not all rising stars go on too be great 10 year players. I hope ours do.

Just not sold yet.

1 Like

VIEW 1 HIDDEN REPLY

FARK THE LID

6 Likes

Theres no guarantees, but they are more likely to have successful careers then if they werent good enough to be nominated. If a recruiter takes 3 1st round picks and 2 get rising star nominations in there first year then they have done very well.

1 Like

Wrong thread dude

Not concerned about Cox talent, but concerned about how we will develop him. We are terrible at developing flexible players IMO.

Reid is injury prone and I am concerned about him as a result.

Perkin not so much. He is an attacking beast. Unique, dynamic.

1 Like

Concerns

• Covid derails the season
  • We don’t pick up Tex or Fejo as SSP
  • Tippa injury
2 Likes