First we take the 8 on, then a finals win

Ah you loved me as a loser, but now you’re worried that we just might win
Dimma knew the way to stop us, but they don’t have the discipline
How many nights we prayed for this, to let our work begin
First we take the finals, then flag seventeen

4 Likes

Impressive!

8 Likes

We’ve made it our business over the last decade of losing the unlosable game. I still can’t feel confident with us being favourites.

2 Likes

An improvement from last year

Good thing you’re in the confidence thread baby. We are gonna beat the suitcases out of these garbage clubs and WE WILL LOVE IT.

2 Likes

Should get to 14 wins.

1 Like

I only want us to make finals if we are a genuine chance to win a final.

2 Likes

So its bombers bounce before bye bombers. That’s 5.

That boot of moorcrofts caused some damage.

What does this mean ?
Genuine question.

If we finish 13-10 to finish 8th, is that a genuine chance ?
Are you hoping to luck out on a specific match-up like St.Kilda, rather than say PA (away) ?

All you can do is win as many as possible and hit the Finals healthy.

I don’t want to scrape into finals because we beat WC and North twice and then get smashed in the first week of finals. Sound familiar?

1 Like

If we win a final, at least that gets one more monkey off our back.

If we scrape into the 8 and don’t win a final, then we have full rights to complain that we didn’t give enough games to our young players. We could have developed them more and got a better draft pick in the process.

It’s so much less risky to just lose more games. Brad likes to live dangerously.

Dont get trapped into thinking that the past defines the future.

If youre scared of making 8th (or 7th) spot because a likely Interstate Final awaits (and we always lose those) then what is the point ?

We dont know who our match up will be, what form they are in, what injuries they will have, what ground.
There are no guarantees.
The draw is the draw.

Undoubtedly, we have had one of the toughest Draws to date, and are equal 8th, so why devalue what comes next because we play some sh*t sides twice ?

4 Likes

because I’m a negative Nelly!

2 Likes

The one good thing that could potentially hold us in good stead is that we will have a bunch of guys who have missed footy with medium to long term injuries who could well be comparatively fresh, yet not underdone, by the time finals roll around.

That group of guys like Wright, Laverde, Parish, Cox, Reid, Tsatas, Setterfield etc will all have had somewhere from 8-10ish games under their belt one they return from injury so should all be properly match fit without having the accumulated fatigue of a full 23 game season.

My ladder predictor has us 7th with an elimination final against St Kilda.

1 Like

yep, we need to win 3 of them. beating carlton is really non negotiable in my mind. beat carton and freo and i think we have one foot in finals.

1 Like

5, morons

oh was richmond bottom 4 when we played them, carry on