Lindsay Tanner - Almost Exident

Not all of the Directors are elected. IIRC Heffernan was a Board appointee. Also, Wellman brings business skills, as well as being a past player and I think had a former role at the club.
Going back a bit, to my mind, Brian Donahue a past player was one of our best Directors, was on the selection committee and had an eye for talent. He must have spent half his time watching low level games all over the State.

Heffernan stepped aside as his time as an appointed director was up and he wouldn’t run against any of the others as he thought we had the correct people in place. Wellman brings sfa to the board that isn’t already there at levels far above what he can do. Wouldn’t mind seeing him applying for an assistant coaching role though. Provided he has kept pace with the game as it stands now he could be a very good defensive line coach. He certainly has been in the past.

1 Like

Havent heard a word from this kent fans want answers wtf is going on?

1 Like

Not for much longer unless the Board can ensure a turn around of on-field performance!!

If the governance at the EFC is so good, why were they late in submitting a multi mullion dollar funding proposal which in turn effectively made our submission useless?

Tanner states it can be difficult being a fan and a board member - good point, shows awareness. The club board needs to concentrate on core issues. Yet the club starts up a E-games team and is interested in taking on a basketball team. Distracting from the main business?

The processes appear to have tightened up and better documented but I’m not convinced how that translates into the day to day workings of the club.

What would that proposal be?

Well stated, I think I might just withdraw my 2 cents and re-post what you have written word for word.

Wasn’t wellman a podiatrist? Why is he even on the board

The one time when our defence looked really good was when wellman was the backs coach as you said. Unless he goes back to that I’m not sure what he brings to the table as a board member

All the clubs were asked to put in a proposal for funding largely around stadiums (but not just restricted to stadiums). Carlton, St.Kilda and the Bulldogs did very well out of it (largely state govt money). Essendon was late in submitting and we did not get a cent.

Wellman was elected by the members. He moved on from podiatry to finance.
I was disappointed that Paul did not get re-elected, but think Wellman was a great choice and brings a diversity of skills.
Don’t want the Board clogged up with high corporate flyers furthering their own business interests.

5 Likes

Pretty sure Wellman was in finance, maybe a mortgage broker or something

This was before Tanner’s time but the EFC did well out of the arrangement for sharing some of the training facilities with para athletes

1 Like

Wellman owns a paint by numbers home loans business. You go ask them about a loan, they pass your details to head office (not his company), they find loans for you from the lenders they have on their books (the ones that give them a commission), they send those back to Wellman’s business who then offer them to you. He did have a investment company in there past, but that didn’t really go too well.

1 Like

Different funding arrangements. My comments relate to very recent events ie in 2018.

Hope that there are not people inside the club white-anting Wellman

Big $$ in this game and there are allot of ex footballers doing it.

Then, we had a President who had headed up Ansett ( not to say he was a bad President)

I wouldn’t think so.

So you are saying basically the same modus operandi as a large bank, except the business and the $$$s sliced off by the crooks are smaller.

2 Likes

We need someone with good foot skills at the club.

18 Likes