Lindsay Tanner - Almost Exident

Top marks.

Would read again

You know what? In the last 3 months of watching ■■■■ Essendon performances, I’ve not once thought “you know what we need? An open letter from the President.”

Open letters from the President reek of instability so wait until we sack woosha et al for one.

4 Likes

The sort that are going to be legislated out of business after the Royal Commission?

They won’t have the stones to take on the banks so they will throw the book at the Mortgage brokers.

Actually EFC were not eligible for this funding. They got funding when Tulla was first built and they were not getting any more for it.

1 Like

Unless the CEO had delegated responsibility from the board to do it himself, I’d assume the whole board would have to sign off on it.

It would be depressing, but I choose to view the current events as some sort of Greek tragic comedy given the striking similarities between Knights (2009-10) and Worsfold (2017-18). It’s all very amusing.

‘Amusing’ is one way of putting it.

For the whole board to sign off on it, does that mean they all had to agree to it or did it come down to a majority vote.

I’m honestly bamboozled by this decision and no, the fact that we’ve been trash pretty much all year isn’t influencing my stance.

The board chose to jump the gun fully aware that the same mistake was made with Knights. I want to know each board member’s stance on his contract extension (for or against) and their rationale. As members, we deserve as much.

Worked so poorly for Hawks.

Any board decision, in any organisation that has a board, is a majority decision.

2 Likes

Wellman is on the board because he’s one of the old crew, a Essendon bloke.

But most of all, he’s a GOOD BLOKE

2 Likes

Wellman is on the board because too many muppets voted for “retired player” above anything else.

4 Likes

Yeah, basically. If you had for example, Dean Rioli or Jason Johnson run for board, they would get in no worries. Regardless of credentials. Because idiot members like them because they played for us

I’ve got no idea what wellman brings to the board. He may well be a good fit, I don’t know, but 100% he got on there for the reason you listed

Nothing wrong with the Board appointing retired players - listed as part of the skills matrix

2 Likes

Look, the last thing I want on my Board is anyone who knows anything at all about our core activity.

4 Likes

Wellman from failed investment firm to loan Muppet to Essendon board. Wowee

Agree with this. I don’t know if wellman is the right former player, but I do think the board should have former players on it. For two reasons firstly that having a perspective of playing is important to balance out the legal and business minds. Secondly players and ex players are just important stakeholders as members and should be represented on the board.

I’d much prefer to have two former players in Madden and Wellman on the board rather than ex players pulling strings off the board.

Again wellman might be the wrong former player. But for balance that skill set is required on board.

1 Like

Wellman did not put his hand up to be appointed by the Board, went through the democratic election process, but seems that those who voted for him were drongoes?

2 Likes

Did Paul Little use his wealth/contacts to steady the ship?

No just his private jet to seduce woosh.

Maybe he can fly him back to WA.

2 Likes

Well, that could be part of the problem here - none of the current directors were on the board when the Knights contract extension was made (not to mention the fact pretty much the entire football department & executive management has also turned over as well). Assuming that the entire current board was (or is) “fully aware” of what happened with the Knights debacle is probably a stretch - that was 9 years ago, plenty of time to forget.

1 Like