Lindsay Tanner - Almost Exident

Thanks for the clarification. So, I take it that both he and Barham are standing for Board election.

AFL club voting rights are highly circumscribed according to what can be voted on and weighted majority voting . From memory, the effectiveness of club voting rights is limited to sacking the AFL Chair, move of a club interstate and dregistration of a club. And mendicant clubs are more likely to side with AFL.

1 Like

Does that mean we’re voting three in this year?

“Perfect man for the job”.

@Catherine_Lio I would be most interested to hear what is happening regarding the installation of lights for training outdoors at night time at our base in Tullamarine.

I didn’t realise there weren’t any until it was mentioned on SEN recently in passing. Something to do with being close to the airport and needing to go through major hoops to get their installation approved. Not impossible apparently, just very slow and technical and bureaucratic because of the aviation aspect.

I was gobsmacked we could be this far down the track without significant lights for training in the evenings. This obviously has been manageable for the AFL side, but if the VFL mens and women’s side and other sports are using the facilities, the need to use them after working hours is obvious, and they all can’t go inside “The Hanger”.

No changes for mine.

2 Likes

Robinson?

1 Like

And the Afl are out of control most of the time.

Hey @Catherine_Lio… just in case you missed it :grinning:

I think the ladies might use Cragieburn, don’t quote me on that…

1 Like

I believe so. Unless another director is appointed into that seat

edit: generally it is two elections and one appointment every year.

So Brasher Barham and Tanner will be vying for two seats?

Not sure anything has been decided yet. (other than Lindsay wanting to continue for another term)

Yeah but if he does… and let’s say Brasher and Barham also do ( as they should, because they are very good) then do we vote for only two or is there a chance one will get an appointed seat? (Is that even possible?)

As I understand it Braher and Tanner both need to go to election as their terms as appointees will expire.
Barham was elected. Is there any rule to prevent him being appointed, as compared to standing for re-election?

1 Like

Nope. Brasher ran for election again end of 2015 I believe, same year as Barham, thus they are both up for re-election this year.

1 Like

Our guys use Tullamarine Footy Club one night a week.

1 Like

Currently, there are only 9 Directors. The constitutions allows up to 10. Maybe that’s how they might be able to do it.

But if both Brasher and Barham are up for election… presuming (hoping) neither are planning to retire, Lindsay must also stand for election, if, as Katie said (and she is in the perfect position to know), he is bound by the conditions of the position he was apointed to.

I’m not sure how it can/will work.

Be nice if they did such a good job with sponsors etc to eventually bring down game day membership prices and move to the G.

That’s where I would focus rolling excess profits into.