Line in the Sand moment?

I would happily take the suspensions if we actually made a stand for once.

Sadly we have no players who have that in their personality except for maybe Smith.

Our team is full of nice people, we are a nice team. Nice teams are never successful

4 Likes

Forget lines in the sand, after watching this club, just gimme a line on a glass table.

11 Likes

Goddard would be the only other one who would do that who plays regularly. McKernan is an angry ■■■■■■■, but rarely plays.

2 Likes

Goddard night give them some verbals but let’s be honest he isn’t going to sit anyone on their backside

Line in the sand?

Don’t worry about the violence and physicality, our players would just embarrass themselves.

The only line in the sand we need to see is the one where players get dropped for underperformance on a regular basis.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Schwab was coach and got sacked later that season. To tie that game to anything Clarckson has achieved at that club is absolutely retrospective.

I don’t know about line in the sand moment but when was the last time an Essendon coach sunk the boot into the players, in the media, after a loss?

1 Like

If only death should be that kind!

After that Merrett incident I knew we were doomed and nothing had changed.
I didnt care if we reversed the free kick, but someone had to remonstrate. You wouldn’t get away with that in sheedys era

3 Likes

One could argue that 2004 LITS game vs Hawks was a bit of a watershed moment. Essendon was 4th after that game, Hawks dead last.

Essendon fell to 8th by seasons end and has never won a final since that EF win vs. Melb.

Hawthorn went to 14th to 11th to 5th to flag.

By the time Myers, Heppell, zaka, an pretty much our whole midfield got to the fight it would be over with there half pace jog. We would be out numbered in the fight to

3 Likes

I love the whole notion but we dont have a fkn player on our list who plays in an “unsociable” manner.

The only one who comes close is Bellchambers and he’s more clumsy more than anything.

At our best in previous generations even our mild mannered players had abit of c**t about them, Alessio got suspended for stepping on John Platten!

I think he even did it to Steven Baker later on in his career aswell.

Yeah stepping on a player isnt exactly exuding intimidation but when the nicest bloke in your team isnt taking sh*t, it shows the gulf to the current side!

6 Likes

Wrong. It help facilitate the change they needed throughout their entire organization. They went from wet paper towels to being utterly ruthless off the field and recruited ruthless, likeminded players for on it.

Mate Conor decided to ■■■■■■■ geofry Dahmer a dog ■■■■.

Had a few of these moments. I think the fans want to draw a line in the sand, players prefer to stay on their side though

My line in the sand is doing some enjoyable Sunday Twilight games.

Sunday twilight at Etihad on a cold winters evening watching the Bombers take on the Saints.

OH BABY IM THERE

9 Likes

I just go to games So I can justify 24 nugs on the way home.

3 Likes

Sunday is such a ■■■■■ time slot for footy.

3 Likes