Line in the Sand moment?

I hate marshmallows with sand.

Better the marshmallows you know.

Took them 2 years to turn around 10 years of mediocrity, we now have to wait until the end of 2018 to begin that. They had the benefit of priority picks, we don’t. However we’ve had multiple opportunities to start and we haven’t

Really? They appointed him captain for the next three years, and they stayed as crap as he was!

While the players get paid regardless of the outcome, our guys will happily front up and give us the same load of shyte, as the only way they may not be remunerated is if they get dropped (?) or injured (?). Im happy to be corrected on this. However as I have said in another forum we have played mediocre teams and players into form for the best part of 15 or so years. No team fear us, all teams think they’re a chance as do opposition supporters week in week out. This is a mind set that has come about by the soft way we play the game. We don’t need to be mongrels, just have some mongrel in us. Need to back ourselves, pick ourselves up, get around each other, go into battle for each other all the time. We are push overs on the field and it is well known throughout the league. I’d rather be know as a tough and hard team than a team with silky skills, both would be nice of course. Lets demand that we are at least tough to start with.

You take it up with a number on this site who criticised Worsfold for mentioning McKenna in the after match presser in Round 2 - I had no problem with Worsfold’s statement at the time if you considered the context of him answering a specific question - You are targeting the wrong poster !

line%20in%20sand

27 Likes

Head in the sand game.

2 Likes

Further on the 2009 game, I may have missed some later comments, but Lloyd does not seem to regret his actions in 2011:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-lloyds-final-stand-for-the-bombers/news-story/ebe3d33c248a8c81b0d001bdc127aef1?sv=1e6007c30023e8cbe9569f17704920

Before the Bulldog game Heppell said that the team will embrace the pressure , how about putting pressure on the opposition?

1 Like

things that stick out in those clips.
mongrel to burn
hard tackling
sticking tackles
hunting in numbers

Solly, mj, jj, wallis and hardwick. if you attacked any of our players they would come for you.

yes different era but ■■■■ even in todays standards we 0 in the way of the above, well maybe connor, but biting isn’t gonna get you anywhere.

one thing i will say watching those videos, you can forget just how hard and tough hardwick was. granted a highlights reel of sorts, but i don’t think he missed a tackle, never missed an oppotunity to hurt or niggle an opponent and was taking on barry hall at one stage.
he was a heart and soul player and i don’t think we’ve ever really recovered from moving him on.

2 Likes

Yep, it was a stinging loss.

Hardwick went to my school (he had left before I started), played junior footy at the same club and had a massive signed photo hanging on the wall in my cricket club rooms.

I friggin loved that guy. He wasn’t just a Bomber, he was a Bomber from my part of the world. And he was tough as fark.

4 Likes

and by fair margins too.

people assume line in the sand = they become world beaters the next week.

the op was right, they were a mediocre side at that stage and no one took them seriously, let alone themselves.
they’d lost their way, their meaning or whatever.

Yes from that game it took 4 years,3 if you count 07 and making the finals, good recruiting, change of coach etc etc.

but that day started that revival of their club culture, and they went no we are better than this, we aren’t going to let anyone stand over us, yes we may not be good enough right now, but no more being walked over, and if we have to get new players we will.

So think of it what you like, it was a massive tipping point in that clubs fortunes, they said enoughs enough.
They didn’t sign an underperforming coach to a an extension, the pretty much shipped everyone off who wasn’t going to make them the best club around.

2 Likes

Dimma was my favourite.
Hard, nasty, tough as fark, bled red and black. You can’t replace blokes like that.
Good teams are built around guys like Dimma.
We lost our soul when the club cut him.
I was filthy Sheedy agreed to let him go.

2 Likes

Bravo.

Only way this could have been better is if the jumper morphs in to the clash strip as he steps backwards…

2 Likes

you would think this vision would be enough to shame the players in to action…well, you would think anyway!

2 Likes

No it wasn’t. It was 26.5 days later. Prove me wrong.

vision is damning yes.
but like i’ve said all week, how much of that is a by product of the forwards having to do extra running to cover 2 loose spares ?

There could be equal amounts of footage that show tippa having to cover and chase 3 players, ditto the other forwards.

I guess we aren’t going to know for sure what the definitive reason is, until we learn how to play the 2 spare players back better.

It’s all about efficiency of effort. no one could perform what our forwards are being asked to do.
in one sense it’s pretty impressive they’ve still be able to be in games, even if junk time goals make the scoreline closer than what it acutally was.

The entire game was damning vision.

8 Likes

Yeah, but no. you see, its not damning, it was educational, and we will bounce back and ensure that this doesn’t happen again, and we are committed to not taking port lightly.

2 Likes

Is that you Woosha? Put Hooker back.

2 Likes