List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

How are the newly invigorated winless blues and lions going? Or the surging 1 win saints?

You ■■■■■■■ rekt me good there.

2 Likes

Go on

Aw diddums. Did you search through the thread for very long to find some of my errors? Did you find some grammar errors in my comments too? Don’t leave those out, they’re just as farking relevant to what we were discussing back then. Anyway, good on you for spending the time to find some details where I might not have been farking Nostradamus.

Bolton and Fagan are building for the long term, jury is still out on whether they’re ‘turning their clubs around’. So there’s one, Richardson, who might not be… out of the 7 I listed. So farking sorry.

More importantly, you know very well that our whole comment exchange wasn’t about those clubs, but about my concern that our coaching panel was made up of four recycled coaches, 3 of which had ‘lost’ their players during their previous tenures. You were farking indignant that I would criticise our coaches because of their past history. Nothing I suggested was outlandish last year, let alone this year… but you wouldn’t have a bar of it then, and ignore it now.

But you focus on the Blues and Lions’ win/loss ratio if that’s what makes you happy.

PS. Gave you a sneaky little ‘like’ as your ego sounds like it needs a little pick me up.

The season is over.
But we need to continue to selvage something from it. We need to find out if some of these kids who have been on the list a while now, can play. We need to try and win as many games as possible to lift the Confidence and morale of the club. We need to develop a game plan that we can carry over to next season.

We need to give up on worrying about draft picks, because they are pretty much useless when the clubs development program is sh*thouse.

Edit: the player we end up with will be a, nice outside player, with outstanding personal qualities, a great family, had a good education, and will be a fantastic leader in the future. Ie. softcock, flanker, outside player, uncompetitive when things arnt going our way, down hill skiier, and Anglo Saxon.

1 Like

Everyone can see that except the selection panel.

One of our major troubles is that Dodoro doesn’t use later picks but round farking 2 picks to draft project players.

2 Likes

Mate, you’re the one who dragged up an old argument, and you’re going to try and dunk on me for clicking on the link to see what the ■■■■ we were even talking about? All right.

We are done in 18 and thats obviously bitterly dissapointing however we now have an opportunity to salvage something from the wreckage. I’d be getting in front of the fans and saying it hasn’t worked this year for various reasons so we are going to make some adjustments to the game plan, play a more instinctive brand of football and pump some games into some of the younger players. Worsfold is safely tucked away on a long term contract, let’s use that safety to our advantage, change the expectations.

• I would be telling D.Myers that he can add value by being an on field coach in the VFL, take a few of our players on as a mentor but he is basically done at AFL level.
  • I would be having the same conversation with Bagley
  • I would be giving Clark an opportunity in Myers spot, 4 games in a row and reassess
  • I would be giving Redman a go in Bagley spot (Mcneice goes back to the VFL and he can fight it out with Redman for the spot)
  • I would be giving Draper number 1 ruck duties for 60% of game time in the VFL, perhaps a debut later in the year
  • I would be getting games into Mutch, Laverde and Langford. I would rotate them b/w HF, Wing, On ball. If at the end of the season we are still not convinced I’d be shopping Langford and Laverde
  • Francis gets a month of football when/if ready
  • I’d be reprogramming Michael Hurley
  • I’d be giving Joe Dan some time off
2 Likes

Don’t stop I’m nearly there

1 Like

Can’t kick… Can only play inside mid. slow mover through stoppages. Not overly hard. Can’t spread. Not creative by hand. No thanks

That’s right, you just clicked. You didn’t quote or comment, now or last year… just clicked. All good, my mistake.

I don’t want to say i told you so …

BUT

Sooooo many people on here criticised me and called me out for “TROLLING” (some even suggested i should get banned) when i kept posting during the trade period and said that it is good we are getting stringer, saad and smith but those players won’t fix our main issue (lack of inside midfielders) and Dodoro is making a huge mistake.

Most people said that “Ohhh it’s ok we have Langford and Stringer and even MYERS who will be our big bodied inside midfielders”

2 Likes

Are you dps son?

1 Like

“I’m not going to go and tell the coaches to change our game plan and mix things up. There’s no point doing that.

Quote, Dyson Heppell, yesterday

If I need to post this is every thread I will. Nothing is going to change. Nothing. Worsfold was just on 3aw basically saying he won’t drop a big name

This club is fkd. I cannot actually believe Heppell and worsfold are so utterly farking stupid. Two blokes leading our club, cannot see the need for change.

2 Likes

Agree.
When is the last time Essendon dropped a big name player and made a statement?
Too many golden tickets handed out by this coaching group. We are not ruthless enough as a club and haven’t been for some time

Apology accepted.

Edit: in all honesty, I’m being unnecessarily snide and provocative, which I shouldn’t. We didn’t, don’t and won’t agree on this. We can’t even agree on what we we’re arguing about. I’m making this thread unpleasant for other people to read, and I apologise for that.

Very funny. No apology, just writing off continuing a convo with you. Let’s move on.

Stanton last year?

He had lost his golden ticket when he came back.

Thinking about our list build, I figure the following would benefit our list build

Delist/Retire (6) - Jerret, Dea, Brown, Leuy, Bags, BJ?,
Develop (9)- Houlahan, Mynott, Ridley, Mutch, Zerk, Clarke, Draper, Laverde, Lavender
Depth (8) - Long, Stewart, Hartley, Green, McNiece, Ambrose, McKernan, Myers.
Best (22) - Remaining are 2019 best 22

If we need more draft spots and we probably do, then I’d cut into the Depth list. Some of the develop should become depth in 2019 and would at least become currency for 2020 trading

1 Like