List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

In which case he would definitely go at Pick No.1 !! :roll_eyes:

does this include ireland vs north ireland?

List build is going swimmingly

1 Like

Now Joe is done.

I would move on belcho, Hurley, hooker, zaka.

Try and get back into the draft. Get games into young KPP

2020 is a year of learning, under new game plan

To quote myself

Depends on the Brexit ā€œhard borderā€ issue.

2 Likes

Rutten next season:

ā€œWe have just introduced 4 new players into the lineup so itā€™s going to take time for it to be imbeddedā€

ā€œ2021 will effectively be my first year in chargeā€

8 Likes

Blitz sooks: ā€œwaah waaaah waaaaaah Iā€™m sadder and more immature than youā€

4 Likes

1 Like

That would be idiotic imo.
Hurley would be the only with any worth whatsoever. The others we wouldnā€™t get a pick inside the top 50 for.

Agreed. I wouldnā€™t get rid of any of them.
I reckon TBell will retire by the end of 2020. Hooker might too, even though his contract goes til 2021.

Hurley is still very important to us.
Zaka isnā€™t an important cog to the team at all these days, but he adds competition for spots. Iā€™d still prefer him to go back to a forward flank now

1 Like

Robertsonā€™s leadership has been compared to Hodgeā€™s, but he is a genuine midfielder. Freo will have two picks and be frothing that he lasts past Adelaide and whomever is picking at 5

From my very shallow knowledge, looks like almost zero forwards in top 20 calculation (other than a Freo-tied kid)?

We are picking at 5!!!

Serong, Flanders, and Weightman I think are in a lot of peopleā€™s top 20 lists.

Both of ours are from Northern Ireland, despite the GAA being exclusively green, not orange.

yep zero forwards full stop early.

annoying compared to last years draft could have got one of the kings

Yep, makes him more of a a carnt

Zerk / Guy from Port / Hurley down back

Hooker / McKernan #clunkcity up forward

Give Stewart a year and see if heā€™ll replace Hookerā€¦ go hard at FA forwards.

We need to make the best of this Daniher and Fantasia situation. Go hard at the draft this year. It prefer pick 10 for Fantasia than a single player, but if they want to give us SPP and Howard Iā€™d take it.

Possibly aim to offload somebody else like Zaka to get higher or more picks. If we take 5 inside 30 thatā€™s 16% of the draft to us when youā€™re only supposed to get around 5% of the players in the first two rounds. So your taking out a chunk off other clubs future talent. We realistically should get 2-3 good players out of that once we take a late pick or two.

Iā€™d be aiming to base the list build on Rutten era, with Merrett and below as the core group going forward, itā€™s where Iā€™d be targeting age and games wise.

Looking to bring in a FA next year and the year after from banking the cap space from Daniher and Fantasia.

3 Likes