List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

He plays like an animal and is clean with the ball something we desperately need. Also is very defensively accountable. From what I’ve seen what our midfield needs.

1 Like

That’s my concern with Higgins too, would give us very little variety through the middle of the ground. No point reaching for a player type that isn’t there of course, but he’d want to be a lot better than whoever else is available at our pick for mine.

If Higgins was 185-190cms, he would be a top 3 pick I reckon…anyway, I like your thinking for draft day.

1 Like

He’d be pick 1

Higgins sounds ok,

Or Stephenson or Worpel will suit fine. All are a need.

I hope we also offload our next years first for a player this year as well, as we will probably have Fletcher as a higher KPB F/S and I’d rather compress the age group more to bring them through together.

I’m not the first to suggest this, but Harley Balic has requested a trade back to Victoria. Seemed a promising talent in his 4 games this year and would likely come cheap in a trade. 187cm / 82kg midfielder.

Not sure the personal reasons that have led to him taking personal leave.

3 Likes

Freo mates rate him highly. I think I wanted him pre-draft (along with 15 other players …)

1 Like

The only Higgins we’ll get is norths - old, cooked and topping up the super. It’s our mantra

Think we should go after him. 3rd round pick should get it done easily. Has some tricks and would be a decent outside mid.

1 Like

With balic isn’t it just home sickness. He’s come back to Melbourne a few times hasn’t he?

1 Like

I’m under the impression Balic has some much bigger issues than homesickness.

I’ve read he hangs out with Bennell a bit. But I’ve read it’s homesickness.

He’ll be cheap, but a risk.

I’ve definitely read he has issues other than homesickness. I have no idea what they are.

We need quality midfielders, I would being working every angle to get both Josh Kelly and Isaac Cu-mming from GWS.

1 Like

We don’t need stars though imo.
If we could add 2 middle of the road guys in the offseason with reasonable pace who work hard both ways we’d be miles better. Even if they’re guys that only get it 15 or 20 times a game.

Edit: as long as they’re replacing a couple of our plodders

1 Like

Considering where our midfield stocks are at it’s certainly a risk worth taking.

1 Like

Langford, Mutch & Begley.

To me, ever since I saw Mutch live for the first time I thought yep, he’s a player. He has it. I desperately hope we play him before the year is out

8 Likes

We will get Solomon as an assistant and he will bring Trent McKenzie over with him.
That’s about as much as we will attract.

2 Likes

He shows a little more every time I see him, tbh. I’m a teeny bit excited about it.

2 Likes