List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

A really hip re-surfacing. Got it covered with Paisley velour.

1 Like

Yep, I envisage as a best case scenario, Hurley playing one final game before retiring before next years mid season draft.

Like a Jason McCarthy post Bali bombing final game.

1 Like

I think we are very close. We finished 8th this year with Shiel, Caldwell, McGrath missing substantial game time and Langford for a few weeks here and there. Had they been fully fit then a few first team regulars may have had more VFL time. The other factor that will come into play is the further development of Cox, Perkins and Durham who will continue to ease into midfield roles with greater aplomb

I would like to see us reach out to Matthew Ling to join our VFL team with the carrot that with Hurley we may have a PSS or MSD spot available.

1 Like

Hopefully we can lure his mate in Ben Ronke as well if the Hill deal falls over.

Gleeson hasnā€™t been offered a new contract.

How many list spots do we now have to fill??

1 Like

Ive got 5

Including Jake Kelly??

Yep

2 Likes

Yep. Currently 37 main list and rookie A. Allowed a total of 42.

The exact mix of main and rookie spots is still in flux.

1 Like

Thought that might happen, with gaining Kelly and having the improved Cutler & Durham there also as defensive options.

Clarke to survive

So we probably want 4 in the draft and 1 rookie.

Iā€™m thinking 11, 51, 56, elevate Snelling, rookie x2.

They could drop someone like Ham to the rookie list if they wanted an extra selection in the draft.

4 Likes

Although some of its still in flux, and we can make more moves (such as promoting Snelling), but until we do four list vacancies must be used on the senior list and one can be used for either a senior list or rookie list player.

1 Like

Given our successes with SSP/MSD Iā€™m sure we will be happy to leave spots open

5 Likes

I suspect weā€™ll try to get another pick inside 25 and the plan would be to use picks 11, added sub 25 pick, 51 and then match or rookie Wanganeen. Fifth spot for a DFA, pre season supplementary player (like Baldwin) or mid season draft spot.

Can someone clarify what the list sizes are going to be for 2022? Is it a total of 40 including Cat A rookies with Cat B outside of this allocation? Thanks

I read 42 somewhereā€¦

1 Like

Thanksā€¦looks like weā€™ll take 3 at the draft then and upgrade Snelling to main list.

14 Likes