List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Smack is my number 1 to go, Bird, Merrett, Howlett. Can we go with 38 and 6 rookies

1 Like

For anybody that missed this podcast from Trade Radio it has an interview with Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data.

Devon Smith ~ 9:50

Aaron Francis ~ 15:40

Jake Stringer ~18:00

2 Likes

I just realized that we have 6 AA’s on our team, Hooker,Hurley,Heppell,Merret,Daniher and Stringer
our team is going to be amazing!

Long has been 3 years on the rookie list. Isn’t there a limit to how long he can be there?

1 Like

Plus Goddard.

I always forget at least one

Yep.

For him to be retained he needs to be upgraded onto the main list for this coming season.

Seven AA’s in your 22 is pretty decent.

Yup. He could also be delisted and re-rookied.

Yeah, hopefully that doesn’t happen.

They should have a pretty good understanding now on whether he will make it or not.

Although I think he had a pretty underwhelming season I hope they retain him even if its just for depth.

What’s the point?

I was providing information on whether he could. I don’t think he should, not much value in being on the rookie list for four years.

While you’re here, could you please try quoting using the speech bubble in the reply box? It keeps the posts/posters separated properly.

OK, lets look at this…

IN:

Stringer
Saad
Smith

OUT (thus far):

Watson (Retired)
Stanton (Retired)
Kelly (Retired)
Hocking (Delisted)
Eades (Rookie - Contract Terminated)

We are taking 48, 67 and 85 as a minimum to the draft, so we need to make a minimum of 2 delistings to our senior list. The guys under scrutiny will be Howlett, Bird, Morgan, J.Merrett. Off the Rookie List McKernan would be under threat, but given he is a ruckman unless we find a state league guy as insurance he might remain. Draper and McNiece will remain, Jake Long? Maybe his family lineage means he gets another chance. Will Josh Green get another contract? You’d think so…

1 Like

Well there is absolutely no other reason why you’d keep him.

RIP Jackson Merrett and Long.

Can’t justify those two being on the list next year.

1 Like

i would say that howlett, Mckernan and morgan will be delisted, Green might get another contract because of depth and merret will be gone as well

Morgan & Smack may survive, depth in areas we need. Morgan still yet to see best of.

Bird & Howlett should both be gone but one may get a reprieve. If we wanted experienced depth probably should have taken Sam Gibson.

Jerrett and Long surely gone, a state league outside mid should be able to provide greater impact and upside than those two.

I expect it will be Bird, Jerrett & Long gone.

Wasn’t Morgan one of the first back at the club post season hitting the gym hard? He’d know it’s crunch time. If he has the commitment to make it, I’d give him 1 more year

1 Like

Fantasia should have gotten enough attention by then so that’s 8. Going to be amazing considering our 2000 side only had something like 3.

We do not need Smack we have 5 other ruckman.