List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Bulldogs better start tanking after losing to Freo then.

2 Likes

Ok, after losing to FarkCarlton today, I agree with everyone that we need to sack half the team and recruit a bunch of young draftees to hopefully make it sometime in the future.

I didnā€™t say you had any good ideas !

1 Like

This may sound really callous but I donā€™t think a lot of our returning players will be around next year. Their best games have passed. Howlett was disappointing, Hocking didnā€™t have a lot of impact, who knows about Bellchambers.

Do you think Essendon will throw a lot of money at one of the out of contract marquis players this year?

Bit worried about Stants, donā€™t want to kill off one of our favorite sons but his leg speed is a liability, has leadership, endurance and courage in spades but I reckon Pyke will be aiming to expose him next week.

1 Like

Buddha and Bobcat have played one game in years and you are writing them off.

And expecting anyone to play well in the rain is a bit tough.

Just confirms my view that the collective IQ on this topic is lower than Fevolas

4 Likes

I think Josh Dunkley would be worth looking at.

I believe heā€™s out of contract at the end of the year and he showed quite a bit last year for the doggies.

Big body midfielder that can win his own ball and has solid disposal.

190cm and 90 odd kg heā€™s ready to go and would come relatively cheap.

3 Likes

One sides finished 14th, 18th in the last two years, the other side finished finals, flag.
Do you really think weā€™re in the same situation?

Some of you need to face it, Leunberger & Hocking et al are not the way forward.

Setterfield out for at least 10 weeks with an ankle issue.
Hopefully getting homesick (missing his school mates) up there not playing.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œHenry_s_Angry_Pills, post:188, topic:10164, full:trueā€]
One sides finished 14th, 18th in the last two years, the other side finished finals, flag.
Do you really think weā€™re in the same situation?

Some of you need to face it, Leunberger & Hocking et al are not the way forward.
[/quote]given how simplistic your argument was, yes the two situations are comparable.

My argument?

My argument (posted prior to brisbane game) was that weā€™re no more than middling this year and should keep our eye on the big picture of the list demographics.

That opinion hasnā€™t changed one bit.

If we spank Adelaide on the road, GWS, and the Dogs, Iā€™ll start to get excited. Maybe.

Plenty here have gotten their hopes up pre season and after the Hawks game, and are now super disappointed. Iā€™m still right here where I started.

1 Like

I was referring to the below. And I donā€™t think you have responded to the comments I made about how exactly you know where the list is at yet.

the thing about planning is you have to do it ahead of time, otherwise itā€™s not planning.

If we beat the 3 best teams in the comp, you might get a little excited?
Whooohooooo!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your point here exactly?

You mean - in relation to the post above yours?
Pretty simple really - beating the top 3 teams in the comp would be farking awesome, and I doubt many here would think we could/would do it. In contrast, say, to ā€˜maybe a little bit excitedā€™. But everyone has their own levels or emotion I guess.

Yes, but how would we go against Melbourne?

Thank God thereā€™s no team called the monkeys.

3 Likes

Youā€™re getting annoyed at someone youā€™ve not met being less bullish than you?

Iā€™ll get excited when I see an Essendon list that I think can push for a flag. This list isnā€™t that, as far as Iā€™m concerned. I wonā€™t be surprised by ups and downs.

2 Likes

Who the ā– ā– ā– ā–  is getting annoyed???
Now youā€™re annoying me.