List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

I’m not really sure how his position relates directly to our ladder position (I would have thought it largely depends on whether he can actually get himself into the team at some point), but if it does, then surely he’s more likely to go if we finish bottom 4. Bottom 4 will mean another decent clean out with 8 to 10 spots turned over. Top 4 might only mean 4 or 5 spots changing.

2 Likes

Neither. It was his games in the NEAFL where he was averaging 30 plus possssions and dominating clearances and under age development and form line that supports the projection. The first of his AFL games he looked good, but was concussed in his second and lost his opportunity. Remembering that he came off limited preparation heading into preseason last year as he battled a number of issues, and this season was out for two months with an ankle. Needs a good run at it. After which we will see just how good he is.

Eh.
In all likelihood, top 4 still means 7 or 8.

(McKernan, Jerrett, Long, Brown, Dea… and pick any 2-3 of Myers/Green/Lueny/Hartley/Redman/Clarke/Mutch who stall or go backwards)

Possibly. Still reckon Jerrett is a better chance of staying if we go well. Either way, he’s pushing ■■■■ up hill

1 Like

Noticed the singlet and surely we Rookie B!!!

2 Likes

We will probably pick up the 31yo 800 metre runner.

Johnny Rayner?..

Do want!

Andrew Gaff contract: West Coast free agent tempted by the lure of a return home to Victoria
AFL
March 16, 2018 12:10pm

WEST Coast star Andrew Gaff admits a return to his home state of Victoria is a strong lure as he considers whether to seek a new AFL home.
The hard-running ball magnet will become a restricted free agent at the end of the season and is certain to be in high demand from Melbourne-based clubs.

With Eagles skipper Shannon Hurn remaining in Perth to nurse his stiff back, Gaff filled in at Thursday’s annual club captains’ meeting in Melbourne.

The 25-year-old has lived in Perth since being drafted in 2010, but admits the chance to return to his home town remains an attractive prospect.

“A lot of my school friends, friends outside of footy, are here and family’s here as well, obviously.

“It’s always nice to come back every now and again but it’s something I’ve got to weigh up.

“I’ve always done my contracts towards the second half of the year so, if that happens, that happens. We’ll wait and see.”

Two-time All-Australian defender Jeremy McGovern will also be a restricted free agent at season’s end and the Eagles will likely have to spend big to retain both players.

On-field performance is also expected to be an influential factor, with the Eagles hoping to avoid a slide down the ladder after last year’s semi-final exit.

Gaff admitted the 62-point thrashing the Eagles copped from Fremantle in their final trial match was a “wake-up call”.

He is hopeful Daniel Venables, Luke Partington and Brayden Ainsworth can develop quickly, as West Coast’s midfield looks to cover for retired Brownlow Medallists Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell.

And he backed second-year forward Jake Waterman to step in for injured spearhead Josh Kennedy when West Coast hosted Sydney in Round 1.

“Definitely, I think he’s ready,” Gaff said.

“He’s played well over the last year or two. None of us really played well against Freo but it was tough for guys like Jack (Darling) and Jake on the weekend.

“However long it is until JK is back, we hope he does well and he’s given himself every chance of playing well.”

Hugh Goddard

Former Philadelphia catcher Carlos “Chooch” Ruiz.

Will Brodie?

1 Like

Signed up for an extra three years, last year, I think.
But not getting a game.
Wouldn’t hurt to rattle the cage.

It’s the go, nowadays. Sign 'em up to have leverage in a trade. Any half-decent new recruit has their initial contract extended.

Setterfield, Brodie, Hopper, Mathison, Joe Atley, Nick Shipley, De Goey

Ask about them all.

Oh great ANOTHER outside mid.

I hope Dodoro just drafts mids for this entire draft. IDGAF if the next buddy is available at our pick. Just devote the whole draft to trying to obtain a midfield.

This guy is more than just an outside mid, he’s a star!

If a classy inside mid was available then of course that would be the priority but I’m not sure there is any available.

Gaff would improve us for sure.

Rory Sloane would be nice.

I would be happy with Gaff he’s a better version of Zaka the bloke can win the ball on the inside and outside.

1 Like

If he were playing in Victoria he would be talked up a lot more

Did Worsfold coach him early in his career because I reckon he would lure him acrosss