List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

You need players that can run to particular patterns and fit into structures.

There is a very good reason why he averages 30 touches a game for the past 3 years.

He is a set and forget player which we don’t have many of.

He is not who we need, in my opinion.

1 Like

We need to start winning. Nino getting into trade scenarios first week of may. It’s going to be a loooooong year.

1 Like

This would be a great get. The biggest selling point isn’t the crowds or the facilities, it’s the opportunity to play every single week getting your hands dirty under packs and dishing to the outside.

2 Likes

Tell him he can be our #1 mid and he gets to play with his buddies in Stewart and Smith

1 Like

His position is set and forget - Zaharakis.

Yeah nah

Better to go to the draft in a strong year - We must also factor in that we’ve swapped out 2nd rounder for GWS, so even if EFC have a disastrous year, then our second rounder will be 30+ - So even if we wanted to trade we have little to offer.

If we do end up with a top 10 pick has to go to a genuine mid we cant afford to go best avaible.

1 Like

visy paper bags

I’d chase Setterfield, hoping to pry him off them a bit cheap given the knee injury. Adds talent to the list in an area we are highly deficient.

4 Likes

Injury, singular?
Has missed big chunks in 4 of the last 5 years.

his draft year was a knee injury too wasn’t it?

edit: it was.

1 Like

No worries. Hawthorn’s docs will fix him up and he can play alongside JOM

Zac Jones from Sydney would be a good get

1 Like

been there tried that

1 Like

Interesting article today on dynamics of Richmond list and how they can afford to go after Tom Lynch on $800k-$1mil

Core squad of highly paid guns and then heaps of role players on minimum chips contracts.

These players are no doubt driven to hold their spots for match payments as missing out is signficant to them as is having any kind of AFL career. As such they do not even remotely consider slacking off. They just work their socks off in terms of their roles.

2 Likes

Disagree. We don’t have any Rorys on our list. We need a Rory. Adelaide has heaps, so they can spare one.

Rotary Sloan is 28 averaging 20 disposals and 3 clearances. I’d be very weary of giving up much for him. Fantastic player but I reckon given his age, size, speed and the way he has played will fall off a cliff at some point.

3 Likes

Would only have to give up salary space, since he’s a free agent next year.