List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Considering he is playing good senior level footy and it was either Redman or Morgan who’ve done nothing that we got for his pick it still stings.

He’s a real competitor. Of which we lack.

2 Likes

Yeah we botched the Melksham pick Morgan over Maitheson or Riley Bonner lols

1 Like

Maitheson is ■■■■. Stop bringing him up

3 Likes

Melksham killed us last week. Were you watching?

He has been ok but he also goes missing for chunks of the game. I agree the replacements haven’t set the world on fire, but then never playing AFL might factor into that. Maybe our coaches can play them like their coach plays Melks and we might find they can play as well as him. All moot while we play Myers.

we have gone back this year

Can we please get some fkn cnts in the team.

8 Likes

Not true.
Sloane is a RFA and as such a trade would need to be negotiated

Have been at the SANFL tonight watching Norwood account for Port and I’m staggered Mitch Grigg isn’t on an AFL list. Went head to head with SPP in the first quarter and had 14 touches to SPP’s 4. Rockcliff had to be moved on to him and he still had 24 touches at halftime ( Rockcliff and SPP had 18 combined ) He ended up with 40 touches and 2.2 and was clearly BOG. The reigning Magarey Medallist and would have 4 or 5 BOG’s this year from the first 6 games.
His stats for the year so far.
Opponent, Disposals, Score, Tackles
Sturt, 31, 0.1, 8
South, 35, 2.1, 5
Glenelg, 23, 3.1, 6
North, 32, 3.0, 8
Crows, 34, 2.1, 9
Port, 40, 2.2, 5

Could have had him for a pick in the 4th or 5th round

5 Likes

What’s his knock you reckon? Gotta be some reason clubs don’t want him.

Think it’s his size and perceived lack of pace that had teams worried. He wasn’t used properly at the Crows either IMO but surely for a late 4th or 5th rounder he is better value than plenty on an AFL list. Since being delisted he has spent plenty of time working on his foot skills and endurance and whilst not the quickest he would be no worse than guys like Tom Mitchell. He absolutely destroyed SPP and Rockcliff last night

1 Like

I guess the worry is when you’re a slow mid, you tend to be pigeoned holed to a one trick pony. You’re either in the middle, or resting on the bench. The trend these days is to have explosive midfielders that rest forward and hit the scoreboard.

True but as Tom Mitchell has showed there is always room from a mid who can win clearances regardless of pace. Can have all the pace in the world but if you can’t win your own ball you are of no use to anyone. Unfortunately the league is hell bent on eliminating pure footballers for a team of athletes

3 Likes

i look forward to us no drafting him or schloithe at the end of the year.

Yep. I’m not just talking about us though. Surely both of these guys are more worthy of a worthless pick in the 80+ region over some speculative kid that would take 4-5 years in the system and possibly still not make it. Both these guys are AFL ready, give them a 2 year contract on minimum chips, what have we got to lose?

5 Likes

I fully agree, even guelfis 2 games have reinforced my belief that you need to give hungry state leaguers a 2nd chance. many realised the error of their first tilt and have rebuilt themselves as players.

how many successful afl players rebuild themselves totally? judds one i can think of. jack riewoldt?

Yeah, right now I don’t like our coaching panel.

Fair revive. Pay that

Agree instead of drafting project players with later picks (which jackets loves doing) use those picks to draft hungry state league players that have been overlooked in a few drafts.

Just on Dodoro how he’s still at the club when he hasnt built a list that’s close to winning a final or flag is mind blowing surley it’s time for some one new?

1 Like