List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

I can’t comment on other states competitions but I think the VFL is a very good standard considering it’s a glorified feeder comp.

I attend most games and I don’t see it as a contested game at all in comparison to the AFL.

The biggest issue with VFL is probably that the smaller clubs regularly cop big beltings.

Not sure the club/coach/team on board with packing it in just yet.

Outside of a miracle over the next month they’d have to accept the reality of situation soon enough though.

At this stage we are still in touch with the 8. So keep fighting, and continue to all season!

If the club truly believes that then we are cooked for another 15 years of mediocrity.

What the fark do you expect them to say?
Serious idiocy going on here.

8 Likes

And you are surprised by this? "Boot, it’s Blitz.

Point taken

Apologies everyone. As you were.

And forever will be.

1 Like

A loss to WC and North will do it.

It seems that the correct statement would have been something like:

“The list is ■■■■, the coaches aren’t even getting the best ■■■■ out of them, but we maintain hope that we’ll pull something out of our ■■■■ in the next 10 weeks to make finals. If not, we’re going to nino the whole list and football department”.

2 Likes

The only idiocy is you and flying off the handle before reading/comprehending what people actually say.

He didn’t say anything about what they should say, he said if they truly believe it.

See the difference.

Yes I do.
My comprehension is fine thank you.
Not sure about yours though.

Oh, so one of them that can’t admit when they are wrong. not surprised.

Can’t you?
Oh well.

Yep, the club won’t say it publicly but I’d hope that behind closed doors they are saying it or it atleast preparing for it

1 Like

I hope the club always thinks the season is alive until it’s mathematically impossible, but play a team with an eye to the future. They’re not mutually exclusive ideals.

1 Like

Agree. Never seen a business yet whose public pronouncements match their internal discussions.
PR and strategy are very different beasts.

1 Like

Midfield of the week:

Quite a number of this group give me cause to pause and reflect.

Our Ollie Wines dream is over for another 4 years at least.

The Jaegermeister was firmly in our targets and if the AFL had applied the same rules as it did to our fax machine, the Hawks should have been out of time and we should have got him in the pre-season draft.

I think we were even into Selwood but we went for Gumby instead because we needed to replace talls.

And of course Paddy …

Yeo has been an absolute steal for the Eagles. Pick around the 30’s for memory

Brisbane got shafted. Big time.

1 Like

ROSS THE BOSS