List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Seen him once and he didn’t impress me, small and very outside and I don’t think he pressures and tackles as much as he should which is why I think he didn’t get an invite to play for Country

That’s it talk him down, keep him low, steal him late.

I have a another small forward I haven’t brought up yet that I might keep under wraps, plays with Mason Fletchers school team PEGS

Kemp?

Shhhh

1 Like

BRING

1 Like

I’ve seen a few Calder games. Haven’t noticed him that much tbh, although I see that he’s kicked a bag of 5. What’s his schtick?

Has only been a late call up which is why you wouldn’t have seen much of him, dominated for PEGS which forced Calders hand to put him on their list

A quick Google search tells me nothing, hopefully we still have some ‘close’ connections at PEGS.

Is he quick? Skill? Midfield ability?

Ive been trying to do more research on him myself, from the game I saw he was very skilful, clean and very dedicated to doing the team oteintated stuff. He is still very light and raw so I don’t expect many huge games but based on potential he could be taken in the top 50.

1 Like

raz 2.0

Where is Nathan Bassett when you need him?

1 Like

Not as quick, a bit taller and better overhead. I can’t really find a good comparison for him and because of his development to come he may even grow taller and become a classy medium forward type. Has played midfield for PEGS so that might have been where he dominated instead of forward and they eased him in for Calder. Kid has heart more than anything, kids with good skill and a bit it ticker always stand out to me.

3 Likes

You’ve convinced me. should use our first pick on him.

Why not?

Sheeds did with James Davies. Look how well that turned out.

Time to play the long game mr AT.

trade out every pick except our 3rd rounder.

Midfield of the future.

14 Likes

I think that would have worked well in the old days.
You are right, we burned a lot of #1 and #2 draft picks over the years.

SYDNEY STACK

BRING

Injured big man set to extend stay with Dons

TALKS were already underway for a possible two-year contract extension for Bomber Shaun McKernan before his season-ending hamstring injury at the weekend.

The versatile tall is out of contract at the end of this season and has been on one-year deals with the club since arriving at Essendon at the end of 2014.

He was also on one-year deals late in his career at Adelaide, where he was a second-round draft pick in 2008.

But McKernan was in career-best form before the injury struck against Fremantle on Saturday, and AFL.com.au understands contract discussions could see him rewarded with a stay at Essendon until the end of 2020.

McKernan kicked 16 goals in 10 games for the Bombers after Joe Daniher went down with injury earlier this season.

He is one of more than 10 Bombers still believed to be out of contract at the club.

The Bombers will make a call on veteran Brendon Goddard at the end of the season, while discussions are underway for an extension for in-form midfielder Kyle Langford.

Talks over Jayden Laverde’s future are unlikely to gather steam until later in the year, while Josh Green, Matt Dea, Mitch Brown, Jackson Merrett, James Stewart, Mark Baguley and Michael Hartley also remain unsigned for next year.

Interestingly Stewart in April was about to sign a 2yr contract but needed a “few tweaks” and then he’s dropped out of team & still unsigned plus more than one rung back in pecking order now.