List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Dea is bigger than Saad or McKenna.

Mason is a winger and I hope he gets more time up the ground

4 Likes

Yeah, was pinning those two as the quick half backs that run off rather than closing down a Betts type.

Sounds good. Heā€™s going to have some competition there and thatā€™s great.

Heā€™s 2cm taller than McKennaā€¦

Happy to keep Baggers for another year

Unless we become Ruthless on players where going nowhere, yes they have been good footballers but they have also been paid.

Alright, so I donā€™t know which player you are referring to, but the post above mentioned Baguley.

I absolutely had Baguley in the cannon at the start of the year. But his forward work has been a revelation. If you think keeping him is in some way not being ruthless enough, then I would argue that your point of view is 100% wrong.

5 Likes

Itā€™s fkn rough since heā€™s going so well but I just really donā€™t see the point of keeping Baguley. With Joe and Begley back next year there should be no room for him, and the depth should be Houlahan/Green/Laverde (though I see Lav as a mid)

Bags is way ahead of Begley as a forward. Way ahead. He definitely plays next year.
Begley has played 8 games. He can keep developing - in the magoos if he canā€™t push someone out by performing.

8 Likes

Personally I think playing Bags instead of Begs would be a monumental error

1 Like

They can both be on the list, and in the same team.

Bags should totes be on the list next year, and considering Begs is coming back from a knee reco he wonā€™t be a certain starter and Iā€™d prefer he spent some time in the twoā€™s honing his midfield craft.

Iā€™d be keeping both Bagley and Goddard next year.

Yeahā€¦ so compared to Mckennaā€¦ he isnā€™t a ā€˜smallā€™, is he?

Prepare yourself then. While Begley hones his midfield craft.

2 Likes

I assumed Baguleyā€™s knee problems would have gradually made him a liability by nowā€¦due to loss of mobility.

But he appears to be moving OK. Moving better than the much younger Greenā€¦IMO, that probably flips the decision on their futures.

I think Begley should spend the summer in the midfield group and first half of next year in the VFL as the inside mid. I have no doubt he will break into the AFL midfield by mid season.

4 Likes

Replacing who?

Dunno, who ever drops off. Iā€™m a massive Begley fan, think heā€™s a real damaging inside mid in the making.

1 Like

Recovering from a knee may hold him back a little next year.

With you on him being gun mid though.

I can see him being a Hannebery clone.