List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Parish :grimacing:

Who pushed Langford out first?

Woosha

2 Likes

Seriously, this rubbish just demeans two talented young players who are going to be key mids for us for many years.

5 Likes

I agree.

Iā€™m happy to let it go but others arenā€™tšŸ˜Š

Some in here have wanted Hurley and Joe traded amongst others but that barely rates a mention.

I said a couple of things about Parish and Iā€™m still getting stick for it months lateršŸ˜Š

Next year should be about picking the best 22 each week. It wonā€™t be a development year because we should be in contention for a flag.

Houlahan is barely VFL standard based on what heā€™s shown so far. It would be a huge jump for him to move into our best 30. If thereā€™s anyone on our list this year we should delist and rookie, itā€™s him imo.
Green was good earlier in the year, but seems to have really struggled since his injury. Iā€™d keep him, but he has work to do to get back ahead of Baguley.
Laverde isnā€™t competing with Baguley for a spot. Theyā€™re playing different roles. I know youā€™re a fan of Laverde, but imo heā€™s a long shot to make it now.

Iā€™d be leaning towards keeping Baguley now. But a lot depends on how his body is going and we donā€™t have enough info to tell that.

Yeah nah. You trolled the parish thread for weeks.

1 Like

Fair call.

I mean itā€™s no different to anyone else though I guess.

Minimal changes to the list for mine which is what 3? No more than 6 changes.

If Laverde was given as much midfield time as Mutch/Clarkeā€¦how do you think he would fare compared to those two players?

Donā€™t bring Kyleā€™s hot mum into this.

2 Likes

Regardless of which midfielder Dodoro snaffles up - McGrath, Parish and Langford will be where our midfield will see the biggest improvement come from.

3 Likes

Would add Stringer to that list

1 Like

I like him starting forward then rotating through as an impact player, same goes for Fantasia and Walla.

1 Like

I think that Jerrett, Green, Luey, and possibly Goddard and Long will be lucky to stay on the list. I could see Harts possibly being traded, not that he deserves that. Houlihan is lucky thay draftees get a guaranteed 2 year contract.

Houlahan lucky? Mate itā€™s his first year of footy he was never going to outperform a player like Guelfi who had played senior WAFL football before picking him up. You canā€™t just write of young players in their first year thatā€™s just madness

2 Likes

Fair enough on Houlihan.

Houlahan >>>> Yestin Eades

Blitz currently has a derth of whipping boys: enter young Houlahan, stage left

2 Likes

He was also a pick in the 40s, not like he is a high wasted pick anyway haha He has enormous potential but even if he doesnā€™t tlive up to it in the coming years Iā€™m more than satisfied with the choice to draft him.

1 Like