List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

I sort of remember that.

Means the clubs website is wrong.

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/teams/profiles/rookie

Green. Not offered another contract

Seagull’n elsewhere for 2019

2 Likes

Huge call (in a good way). Looking forward to drafting a sml fwd this year! May also indicate that Baguley might get another year.

Weidemann was fantastic on Friday night.

4 Likes

Funny how these talls from the 2015 draft actually took some time, heh?

2 Likes

How do you see us beating Richmond/Melbourne in a final next year? Just curious as any suggestion we trade an established KPP is surely to get a competitive midfielder in the door.

Unless we bring a different style of play to the table, I’m not sure how we will be a flag contender next year. We aren’t going to get anywhere near Rich/Melb while finals are played like this - manic ground ball contests and pressure.

Natural growth of Parish, McGrath, McKenna, Redman, Francis and Ridley will be enough to give us a serious crack.

The last 4 in the backline and wings would be a nightmare for opposition with their kicking. All of them are exceptional kicks.

5 Likes

Finally vindicated!
whew…!

Sure was

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

What’s the status on Matt?

1 Like

Still a’struttin.

1 Like

A’struttin n’ a’breakin.

strut

1 Like

I agree that all of them have improvement to come, but I still think that type of game will struggle to beat Richmond/Melbourne’s contested ball winning and manic pressure.

I can’t tell you how stoked I’d be if we were the team that brought a different game style to the top of the ladder and trumped Richmond because I personally hate watching their ground ball / handball stuff.

1 Like

Hurls best days are over sadly
but do not expect him to be traded
he was loyal

4 Likes

This make me happy. McKernan and Brown have to be the most handy fringe key players going around. Really glad they’re with us and both should get a lot of games next season.

They doesn’t say anything about Brown other than he’s still unsigned. I want to keep him, so that’s making me nervous