List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Apparently we are putting another potential Cat B rookie through his paces tomorrow at the TVSC.

I don’t have a great deal of information other than he is 20 yo, 200cm + and very athletic with little AFL experience.

Similar project to Luke Lavender I suspect.

4 Likes

Is this the Irish kid?

1 Like

Forget more small forwards. Goal kicking midfielders.

With rotation capping you’d want guys in your forward and back line who can move into the midfield when required. Maybe that’s simplistic. But it’s how I see it.

1 Like

Nah he’s 19 and about 185cm

Gillard? Hear a while back we signed him. But not sure if that was just for our academy.

1 Like

Agree. McKenna, Stringer, even Francis… these guys can mix it up in the middle with their size and strength if given short bursts on the ball. We got enough smaller guys to rotate through the middle and rest in a fwd pocket - Smith, Tip, Raz… plenty of small goalkickers - not a weakness

No Australian.

Gingist. Like for like eh? DO THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME TO YOU?

3 Likes

Seems odd when we can potentially add Hanna as a Cat B and have Lav 2.0.

1 Like

There are several Irish kids and at least one is a tall.

How many catB’s are you allowed?

Three

1 Like

But only one of them can be Irish right?

I don’t actually know if there is a limit.

Pretty sure there is. We can have as many Irishmen as we like but only one can be Rookie b.

@SplitRound ?

An Irishman, an Englishman and an Australian walk into a club…

2 Likes

The Australian was punted for substandard skills?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a trial so might not go ahead. I was told he’s a very good kid though, hard working and very fit and athletic. I was told he’s 208cm’s but I’m not sure how accurate that is.

1 Like

Scottish ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

Require nothing more for next 4 years.

Complete.