List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Mate, I’ve got a 20 year master plan that has us recruiting Jobe Watson’s unborn son in 2037.

7 Likes

Knew it.
Trump was right all along.

(Yes this is horrible and offensive)

1 Like

Assuming Myers has a similar season in 2019, then there is no way he will be retired.

I believe from what Myers has said, the active form of the verb applies, not the passive form.

1 Like

How long have you been a proponent of eugenics?

We’ve delisted Green and traded Colyer. Have we lost some of the bulk speed that terrified so many teams? I can’t think of any players in the 2’s that can come in and provide that same pace.

1 Like

Green was a handy member of our small forward brigade, but he didn’t have serious speed. Colyer is certainly taking a bit of our zip out the door, but considering that by losing him we gained Shiel, I reckon I can live with that.

4 Likes

Colyer played 8 games and Green played 7 games.

Get a full year out of Fantasia, and you won’t even remember that you thought there was a problem.

The biggest difference to our pace is going to be the loss of Goddard.

Oh… and that Dylan Shiel will win all the clearances.

I’m hoping we draft a speedster. When one of our quick players is out injured we can’t cover the role and it weakens the team. It’s a weapon, but one we have no depth in.

Agree with the Colyer-Sheil trade being a win.

Redman isn’t slow, wouldn’t underestimate this kid when he’s back on the park.

1 Like

Good. I rate Redman. Didn’t see him as pacey, so happy if he can provide that too.

Not Colyer fast but was drafted for ‘speed and class’, also remember an early piece on how his dad would lead him on runs in the family car to build a tank. He’ll also tend to pick the ball up rather than just paddle it along a few metres. Plus redhead

1 Like

I tell you what did surprise was Baguley’s speed in the forward line. He may actually be faster than Green.

4 Likes

Full year out of Fantasia… when it comes down to it, that’s what my concern is I guess. When we don’t have Fanta in the team, there’s nobody that can provide the same spark.

Hope they build him up to be more resilient for 2019

Completely agree. His inclusion completely transforms our team. An excellent player.

I’m not sure it would be the case

But what he does do is read the play very well, anticipation is very important and also he commits 110% defensively

Colyer lost his pace years ago

1 Like

Colyer was pretty handy in the last game against Port, and not slow, but did fumble a lot. That game is worth a watch for Lav dominating the first quarter then fading a bit but still doing some hard stuff, Parish turning it on, Leuey strong in his last game, Walla killing it and basically an all round “look out next year” message.

All his figures say you are wrong G.

2 Likes

What figures are you referring to?

I can’t remember the last time I saw him put in a blistering run.

2 Likes