List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Sustained success. I’d just be happy for initial success.

10 Likes

And once that was done, you’d be back to complaining.

4 Likes

I would like to see james Stewart tried in key defense role in preseason games
If successful it would a great deal of flexibility to the team
Look forward to seeing younger players (Ridley/Mutch) tried on wings as I think we are not always getting enough drive from one (or both sometimes)wings during games
Key forwards next year?
Daniher high CHF Mckernan Ff and Stringer/Langford/Begley

1 Like

Sustained complaining

1 Like

Sustained erection

Entertaining Suspension

looking forward, with our current talent and potential discounted talent coming in, our list must be looking the best it has for a while. our Young midfield talent is as good as I can remember, and Draper looks like he will have a big future as well, Its smart to get Gown KPF talent this year with a couple of fletchers to come onto the list soon.

not too many old blokes now Godard gone.
In the next 3-4 years we have a few father sons to come in and also academy kids.
2 x daveys, Fletchers and maybe Hird
If port are crap and we are flying might even get Tex too.(for the first part of his career)

If we can keep getting talent in it will help keep us near the top and only having to use our first 3 draft picks.

2 Likes

Don’t count your father sons before they hatch.

2 Likes

I’m a little surprised that none of the un-contracted players have been signed up over the off-season. Usually the club tries to lock away a few of them as soon as they can.
Of the un-contracted guys I reckon the below are listed in order of most importance to re-sign. I’m not surprised the first 3 haven’t re-signed yet. I reckon both them and the club would want to see what they’ve got this year before signing up. But hopefully they’re signed up by midway through the season.

Francis
Parish
Draper

Tippa
Guelfi
Redman
Zerk-Thatcher.

There are 13 other guys uncontracted. All of them are guys who will have to have a good year to make sure of getting another contract. Some of them will of course.

Baguley
ZClarke
DClarke
Myers
Houlahan
Brown
Ambrose
Long
Hartley
Mynott
McNeice
Jok Jok
Dea

That list is made of guys possibly at the end of their career and guys who are trying to prove their worth to get a higher offer. Don’t see many on the list that would take a quick contract.

ZLarke moved across the country for only a 1 year deal?

Hasn’t Dodoro been on leave for most of the preseason?

Hasn’t traded anyone since November

Slack.

2 Likes

I largely agree, but considering past seasons we have usually signed 1 or 2 throughout the offseason it still surprises me a little. Tippa is the most obvious candidate I reckon.

But offsetting that, it’s probably the least big names we’ve had coming off contract in years, so there is certainly less of a pressing need to get players signed up.

1 Like

I guess he just wanted the opportunity to get back in the AFL

1 Like

Draper, Zerk and Redman are important signings.
Parish and Francis will hold off and let form take care of it. Walla similar.
Guelfi, Mynott and DClarke are important, they have good connection with the younger group coming through.

On what planet is Parish more important to our team than Walla?

1 Like

Hes not. Darcy doesent have one of these:

1 Like

I saw a video of Raz carrying one of these around the other day haha.

I’m just going on the fact he’s younger and the hope he breaks out and has a big year.

You could say the same about Francis. Everything for him is based on hype.

I’d actually be curious to see the thoughts of others about who is most important to re-sign of the uncontracted players.