List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Seb Ross was never offered in the Carlisle trade.

Not from what Iā€™ve seen. Far better than Johannisen for instance.

1 Like

BILLINGS was the carlol trade.

Not sure what you mean, but they traded in pick 14 for Gresham when they gave up pick 5.

He was the player that was being thrown around instead of pick 5, (by us at least). They were like nah not billings and not pick 5.

1 Like

The only people offering Seb Ross was St. Kilda supporters. Saying that a straight swap for Carlisle was fair, as Seb Ross is Tim Watsonā€™s nephew.

Ummmmm no.

Ross AND Billings for Carlisle. Maybe!

Even if so, no doubt he provides more value than Kav (to which post I assume you were responding ;sorry if not).

Right now youā€™d have taken that. Ross is a dominant young inside mid who is still on the rise, and something we actually need.

But in time Francis might be one of the most devastating big men in the comp. And those are much harder to find.

He is light years ahead of Kav no doubt, Kav was a complete first round bust.

Iā€™m not sure we need another inside mid with questionable kicking, I think Iā€™d rather go to the draft or target a player with better kicking. He has had a couple of sub 50% efficiency games this year which is pretty bad.

Not to say we canā€™t improve it, but if you are targeting a player who has been in the system a few years Iā€™d rather not have to wait for that to improve.

SEB ROSS -WE SHOULD DRAFT HIM.

Gazza has 3 years left, all the other mids are going to cost draft picks, maybe we trade with the suns. Thoughts

How do you know Gazza has 3 years left?

Heā€™ll go to the cats only if he doesnā€™t stay a sun

Play as small forward zipping around JD and Hooker, Fanta, Walla more midfield. I recall a bloke named Leigh Mathews doing similar;

Runs in the family? Cousin of Jobe who was also a ā– ā– ā– ā–  kick early in his career. Same bloodline can replace Jobe very soon. I love a good story.

Rockliff wonā€™t cost any picks.

Zak Jones will cost about the same and is way younger.

Ablett also wants to go to Geelongā€¦

Rockliff is probably the best option for us, FA so only cash and an inside mid. Iā€™d prefer to go for Hopper though.

1 Like

first we fall down the ladder.
then we FA Rockliff
then we draft Rayner with a top 5 pick.

CMON DISCO DO IT

What the fark sort of dumb fark tanking shat is that!!!?

How about

Win the flag
FA Rockliff
draft awesome player with our first round pick

Cmon Disco do it.

3 Likes

It is worth noting that it is very very important that we finish up towards the top of the ladder this year.

The additional funds that every team now magically has makes poaching that little bit easier.

We want to be a club that players donā€™t wish to leave, and do want to come to. We need to be seen as the best Melbourne based viable flag option going forward.

Thatā€™s how you improve your list at the end of this year.

3 Likes