List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Yep it’s funny how when Langford, Myers, Lav etc came in everyone said give them a few weeks to get up to the pace AFL yet Bird came in and adjusted instantly and then was kicked to the curb just as quickly. Bird’s 1 game this year was better than anything Myers has played in his career almost!

6 Likes

Agreed.

I reckon Jobe is the reason he is out currently and Langford… may be the reason he doesn’t get in the 22 next year.

Bird not getting more than one game this year has been a joke.

7 Likes

McNiece should get another year. Looked good on limited exposure, not much chance after that due to injury and costs us nothing as he’s Rookie B list.

I’d actually upgrade him and groom him for Bags’ spot.

6 Likes

We simply need to play the kids.

Look at North and Brisbane. They are coming on leaps and bounds.

We get nothing or very little from Jobe, BJ and Myers.

Let’s take a chance. We could expose some gold and excelerate our development.

2 Likes

just find the fastest mids with skill. No more Jobe/Myers/howlett types for couple years

Not sure he offers what we need and isn’t dramatically any better than the ones already picked.

Would be far better than Howlett, Myers or Jobe for starters

4 Likes

He offers grunt in the middle, gets the ball out of packs and has a good defensive side to his game. He is EXACTLY what we need

He offers so much more than Myers, howlet and Jobe it’s not funny

1 Like

Whenever I have watched a VFL match this year with Bird, Howlett, Myers in the same midfield - well Bird is no better than those other two.

We all know we need to do a big clean out of the list.

So we need to hit trade week hard and hopefully seal the deal on these beauties:

I reckon we can get all this done and still keep our first round pick…plus probably keep a pick in round three!

It is kind of a quantity-over-quality outcome, compared to the Dusty or Kelly wishes on here…but maybe it is prudent to prepare mentally for this outcome, so it doesn’t cause such a shock!

no.

Oh god pls no. Who is that Bulldogs player so I can at least know who they all are.

The bulldogs player is Lukas Webb. He has allegedly been racking up the touches in the VFL, and he kicked a couple of goals against us last week…

Let me just comfort you by saying that I don’t have any inside sources…but I think those players have all been mentioned on here or in the media, as gettable players.

And I know I am raining on everyone’s parade, but I prefer to temper my expectations in this trading arena. I suspect that while everyone on BB wants to talk about Martin/Kelly for 95% of the time, the probability of getting those players is very small. Meanwhile, the players that we only talk about 5% of the time, the type of players shown above, are probably the calibre that we will end up getting.

I reckon we should get Anthony Miles, he is 25 years old, his previous three seasons have been fantastic for Richmond, and is out of contract this year. I think Jobe will probably retire and Bird is probably going to get delisted, Miles is an absolute pit bull in the contest.

Also, with another development year for Langford next year (if he ever gets played), Miles could rotate with him in the middle, and help share the load. He may not be a ‘Big Fish’, but he’s the sort of player that will fill a critical need.

And finally, Josh Kelly.

1 Like

Is Miles really any different from Bird?

Yeah that’s what we need.

Richmonds Ben Howlett.

3 Likes

I’d be happy with that bar McNeice. I think he deserves a chance and his speed in the backline will be appreciated after McGrath moves into the midfield.

1 Like

well maybe we are going after mcveigh as a mentor for our younger players just like kelly is doing now and what chapman was doing for his last season

Personally, I think his previous three seasons have been better than anything Craig Bird has produced in his career, also Worsfold doesn’t seem to want Bird. I think he is a more ‘complete’ player than Bird, and Miles ahead of Howlett. :wink: