List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

The things people make up to justify the games our journeymen are getting…

31 of the 41 first and second rounders from 2016 have debuted, 3 of the 12 form the third round, 6 of 17 from the fourth round etc etc
Overall, 41 of 77 have played a game- ie MOST first draftees have already played, far from “not often”.

Ridley and Begley have easily shown enough ability to get a look in in a middling side, Mutch arguably has too.

Big Boi and Mutch for sure. Don’t think Ridley has looked as ready.

I wasn’t really trying to justify game to the older guys, I actually agree we should have got more games into younger players.

However if those statistics are relatively consistent year to year then I stand corrected on that point, it just doesn’t seem like young players debut that often.

Seems to be about consistent, 46 in 2015, 46 in 2014. A bit over a quarter of them are in round 1. That makes it a bit under 2 per team for the rest of the year, so I guess it’s not surprising it that doesn’t feel as though it happens that often.

1 Like

As an Essendon fan, it certainly does feel like that… :smiley:

2 Likes

Can someone please post the gif of Homer disappearing backwards into shrubs.

3 Likes

I just want to see some proper midfield bolstering in this upcoming offseason. idgaf about forwards/defenders/whatever. gimme the midfielders.

17 Likes

It appears the availability of players is diminishing by the week.

Martin Staying
Kelly to Blues or Saints
Hopper to Blues or Cats
Rockliff to Crows (I hope we have more of a go here)

So we are going to end up with Scott Thompson, Jarrad McVeigh and Shittard

Better go start looking at the draft players again as we wont be fixing anything via a trade.

1 Like

He’s actually a really good inside midfielder mate, look at his statistics for the previous three seasons - disposals, clearances and tackles especially. Prestia and Caddy have pushed him out of the team, and you could get him cheap.

1 Like

Hopper (despite cats talk) and Kennedy are the two I’d look at.

5 Likes

Yep, Balic worth a look aswell

The problem is whatever our strategies are in trying to poach other players its sadly not effective. Our track record speaks volumes…are we not getting to them earlier enough or are we not giving them enough money or is it the past 4 years that have deterred players from coming…or is it Dodorro’s old style tactics that is causing these problems.

1 Like

In: Masten, Pittard, J.McVeigh, Kurt Tippett

Out: 40k efc members

7 Likes

Tigers are a better side for pushing him out.

Last thing we need.

I’ll take both thanks!

That whole Jarrad McVeigh stuff… That’s not serious, is it?

1 Like

I’m not sold on Hopper. He’s the type of player we need and at the right price I’m in. He just might be the big kid who dominates U18 but not quite as dominate at AFL level - Caddy II.
He’s still very young and I’m probably not seeing enough of him.

I really really hope not

2 Likes

karl amon from port Adelaide might be a chance