List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Yes
His foot skills are better than what people would have you believe but his decision making can be poor often. He tends to try and create a bit too much and take the game on and runs into trouble. Gets caught HTB quite a bit trying to do to much.

1 Like

Sounds perfect.

2 Likes

Sack dodoro if we end up with pittard.

4 Likes

You can argue stats to suit your agenda both ways. what your saying isā€¦this year, on average, 2.2. 2016 draftees debut per team.

We have debuted 2, which is as close to the average you can get. For a team fighting for a finals spot, i have no problem with that especially considering our good run with injuries.

Fwiw, im happy to play howlett over mutch for exampleā€¦ Why? Because i think we have a better chance of winning. We need to win to make finalsā€¦thats where we are at. Deal with it

4 Likes

Weā€™re a team thatā€™s barely in the 8 weā€™re falling into finals if we make it. Not securing a spot.

1 Like

The 41 refers to national draftees, of which we have debuted 1, not 2.

1 Like

I feel like next year weā€™ll have 4 debutantes

The player that I imagine Pittard to be, is an upgrade on Deaā€¦is that the right comparison on our list? Thoughts?

1 Like

If we get Masten, I will be filthy. Unless we want someone specifically to fill the role of whipping boy, he offers nothing. Just an average footballer who shows occasional glimpses.

Lukas Webb however I really rate. He is a very good user of the footy, can play as an inside mid but has enough dash to be dangerous in space. Also fits the sort of age demographic we want to be targeting.

1 Like

Isnā€™t Pittard a little too old for us anyway? I thought someone with inside knowledge said the club wanted to target younger guys to form a large core of players who could stay together for a long time. I feel like Iā€™ve seen Pittard putzing it up for close to a decade.

1 Like

IMO yes. He is a year older than Heppell.

Everytime I look up one of these blokes (because I donā€™t know who they are) I mostly end up disappointed with what I find.

But whatā€™s the end game? Being a side around midtable with the same plodder year in year out?

Disco loves his HBFā€™s so of course Pittard is on the radar. Just needs to hold off for 1 more year and then with Frankston rejoining the VFL he can go back to his tried and tested recruiting regime

1 Like

Ask for Vanilla and get served up rocky road.

1 Like

if we donā€™t end up with any good mids after the trade period he should be sacked

Iā€™m glad these clowns arenā€™t making the recruiting decisions.

I donā€™t know about ā€œgoodā€, but itā€™s difficult to imagine any reason why recruiting a midfielder wouldnā€™t be the #1 priority.

The problem is, whoever we get needs to be better than Bird, because weā€™ve got one of the worst midfields in the comp and Birds gotten 1 game.

you just know weā€™re gonna end up with the fringiest midfielder that ever fringed.

3 Likes

LOL as if the club makes recruiting decisions

Actually i take that back, choosing to sit on your hands is a decision