List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Not a chance. People are acting like Hartley is worth more than a very late second rounder. Kelly will probably cost our 2 firsts on his own.

They need key defenders though, say Hartley and a late pick for their academy then?

Did you see what Hamling cost last year?

I think a player like the Jesse Lonergan could be a value pick up. Hard at it inside mid but has been asked to play other roles up there (Gold Coast). Only 22 with 50 games experience. Would come pretty cheap and apparently is out of contract.

Donā€™t see him any better than howlett/Myers

Mate you really got a problem with Dodoro?

Heā€™s a ripper and was a real chance a couple of years ago

Normally just lurk but agree with what most have said.
The real uplift for teams comes from the value pick ups. If we can get Rocky at a good price and someone like Miles thatā€™d be awesome. Then target one A-grader. I wonder how happy Will Brodie is at GC?

Also think Bird is seriously underrated. Id have hi in as the tagger while Clarke or a younger kid develops into the role in the twos. Think an outside the square move like Gleeson as an outside winger would be worth a try. Midfielders who are very good in the air and good in traffic are so valuable. Ridley to take his spot down back.

Fight me.

At least I can see some utility in the coaches.

The sooner everyone gets their head around us getting McVeigh, Masten and Pittard the better off you will be

9 Likes

Whatā€™s your definition of ā€œbetterā€?

2 Likes

No No No.

Second round wasnā€™t it?

At least thats still getting mids. Just wait until we pick up Goldstein, Jack Watts and Jake Lever.

1 Like

There is no chance of that deal being done - signed Shirley Knott.

Sad react

Cant help but agree with Connolly, I feel like we have undone a lot of the good work we did last year.

5 Likes

Would take Jack Watts in a heartbeat

Rip reboot.

Except heā€™d cost way more than he would be worth to us.

Same with Aaron Hall, a good player and I loved the look of him when he burst on the scene a few years back, but giving 2 second rounders for a (soon to be) 27 year old is not good list management for us imo. If we are giving up draft picks it needs to be for young guys who will be around with Joe, Zerrett, Parrish etc for a long time.

2 Likes