List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Still slowish, smallish and not that skilful. We have Bird, Howlett and Hocking all fighting for one spot already, and most would agree that’s one too many - why on earth would anyone think we need another guy in the same vein?

1 Like

That was Atkins from the Crows I think but it was off field stuff we shied away from.

Seriously it’s the smart move to target someone who isn’t playing midfield but could. Rather than chasing someone (Lonergan, Miles, Masten, Trengove - add Bird, Howlett, Myers, Hocking) who’s already exposed and failed or plateaued.

We need guys who are good, and fit what they want to do. Guys who move well and use the ball well and defend well. Or kids who will develop into that.

The stupid move would be to recruit just any old spud who so happens to play midfield. We have those guys. They play VFL most weeks.

3 Likes

Im talking your kurt aylett types.

Was a Craig Bird deal, enforced steak knives. On the SHRED big fish deal for about pick 50.

Bird, Hocking and Howlett are all probably not going to be at our club next season. I guess we can agree to disagree on his ability.

Libba’s name getting thrown up a bit, wonder what he is worth.

1 Like

I remember we were linked to Atkins and we choose Asby with that pick. He was then available for every other pick of ours and we overlooked him.

Joe could have done his celebrations with him every day.

1g bag

6 Likes

If he read blitz then he would know why we aren’t playing the kids.

It’s because Dodoro can’t draft well…

Barely. He cost #35, but WBD also downgraded their pick #43 to #41 (and upgraded their #63 to #61).

That’s a guy who was a premiership player. So what do you think Hartley is worth?

touche

Re Tom Sheridan - from the horses mouth (Harvs) - he is very keen on getting young Tommy to Essendon…

2 Likes

Who is Tom Sheridan?

2 Likes

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/tom-sheridan

1 Like

averages <20 disposals as a HBF and <2 tackles.

Is he a shutdown defender is he a rebounding defender, is he both? Is he a good kick or a good mark? Why would we want him is what I’m asking basically?

Lost his his way this year but was developing nicely previously -about 187cms 1st Rd pick in 2011 and played 70 odd games.

Only 24 id take him on the cheap. He is out of contract.

1 Like

He was an averaged paced winger who I see has now been moved to the HBF. Just fills me with confidence…

Oh and Harvs rates him. Nope.

1 Like

This so much.
If I thought us being interested in Shittard was bad this is 10 times worse. Freo supporters would give us a pick for taking Sheridan off their hands

1 Like