List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

McKenna and Green don’t have contracts for 2018 yet.

I completely understand wanting to leave Raz in the forward line. But just look at that centreline and tell me that doesn’t make you drool.

Ah I see. Haha the speed would be nice but prob need a big body as well. Like him rotating through though. That said I’m looking forward to seeing what the ‘growing up’ kids will do next year.

With all due respect WTF.

He will again finish in our top 6 B&F.

And your backline of Ridley, Redman and Gleeson would be mistaken for marathon runners.

I don’t mind stuff like this but the amount of Goddard criticism over the last 12 mths needs to be called out. He is asked to change roles so often, and he performs all the time. I don’t remember a game when he was even remotely bear our bottom 6 players on the ground.

And Bags. Please. Let’s not get carried away thinking these youngsters are somehow better than him

13 Likes

A like is not enough. Couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

Baguley does not have a contract for 2018. Which was the criteria stated in the first sentence.

Yes, I have this thing where I like naming the side without Goddard. That’s on me.

Ok. Fair response. Your owning it!

Just ask Ross Lyon’s bulging trophy cabinet - oh wait!

1 Like

Reading between the lines, I see what you’re saying…

Someone get Matthew Knights on the (right end of the) phone!

2 Likes

I went back about 6-7 years, 3 years the #1 scoring team through h&a won the flag, 1 year the best defensive team won it. I didn’t work it out on average position but it seems scoring trumps defending.

Yes, obviously a team can’t rely solely on defence and must be able to score (Ross Lyon @ Freo).

Of those flag winning teams did they rank top 4 for scores against?

Go through it yourself, your theory…

To get up the top of the ladder you need to have a really strong defence. But your attack will determine whether you can take that final step

In my view, you can coach and train a side to be the best defensive side, but talent actually wins you games and flags.

1 Like

Oh you were being serious?

I thought it was a ■■■■-take.

Yeah you’re right, scoring is the only thing that matters.

Good chat.

In honor of Ricky Dyson …

Howlett and a 3rd rounder :joy:

3 Likes

If he was 5cm shorter, he would not be drafted

Very BJish

Can’t do much about the games that were sunk into them this year, but given we’re still a good stretch off the good teams, I will be disappointed if any of the above are on the list for 2018. Probably add Colyer too.

If we don’t bring a few players into the club, we are going to get overtaken very quickly by St.Kilda, Melbourne & Carlton.

Agree with most of those names, although it’s still possible Mitch Brown is a better option than Hartley. I’d be keeping him for the short term at least.

3 Likes